Sensitive radioimmunoassays for O6-n-butyldeoxyguanosine, O2-n-butylthymidine and O4-n-butylthymidine.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, M20 9BX, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRadioimmunoassays have been developed using monoclonal antibodies from hybridomas raised against bovine serum albumin conjugates of O6-n-butylguanosine, O2-n-butylthymidine riboside and O4-n-butylthymidine riboside. The assays showed 50% inhibition of binding of specific (( 3H]butyl-deoxynucleosides by 0.044, 0.069 and 0.45 pmole of cold O6-n-butyldeoxyguanosine, O2-n-butylthymidine and O4-n-butylthymidine respectively, corresponding to affinity constants of 2.7 x 10(10), 1.1 x 10(10) and 8.8 x 10(8) respectively. In competitive radioimmunoassays a similar degree of inhibition required approximately 10(7)-fold higher concentrations of normal deoxynucleotides. From the relative inhibitions produced by a wide range of alkylated and normal nucleosides and bases we conclude that each antibody primarily recognises butylation, as compared to other alkylations, at the sites specified by the immunogen. The radioimmunoassays should be suitable for the detection of these potentially promutagenic lesions in digests of DNA exposed to low (biological) levels of butylation.
CitationSensitive radioimmunoassays for O6-n-butyldeoxyguanosine, O2-n-butylthymidine and O4-n-butylthymidine. 1982, 3 (5):547-52 Carcinogenesis
- Quantification of specific DNA O-alkylation products in individual cells by monoclonal antibodies and digital imaging of intensified nuclear fluorescence.
- Authors: Seiler F, Kirstein U, Eberle G, Hochleitner K, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1993 Sep
- Monoclonal antibody-based immunoanalytical methods for detection of carcinogen-modified DNA components.
- Authors: Adamkiewicz J, Ahrens O, Eberle G, Nehls P, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1986
- O4-ethyldeoxythymidine, but not O6-ethyldeoxyguanosine, accumulates in hepatocyte DNA of rats exposed continuously to diethylnitrosamine.
- Authors: Swenberg JA, Dyroff MC, Bedell MA, Popp JA, Huh N, Kirstein U, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1984 Mar
- Immunological quantification by high-affinity antibodies of O6-ethyldeoxyguanosine in DNA exposed to N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea.
- Authors: Müller R, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1980 Mar
- Immuno-slot-blot: a highly sensitive immunoassay for the quantitation of carcinogen-modified nucleosides in DNA.
- Authors: Nehls P, Adamkiewicz J, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1984