AuthorsLajtha, L G
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis brief overview of the different cell populations types contained in the various tissues of the adult organisms, with special reference to cell population hierarchies and kinetic patterns, indicates that not all cell populations have--nor do they need--stem cells; in those which have, the stem cells usually represent a minority subpopulation.
CitationTissues and stem cells. 1982, 36 (5):231-3 Biomed Pharmacother
JournalBiomedicine & Pharmacotherapy
- Are genetic determinants of asymmetric stem cell division active in hematopoietic stem cells?
- Authors: Faubert A, Lessard J, Sauvageau G
- Issue date: 2004 Sep 20
- Mature human hematopoietic cells in donor bone marrow complicate interpretation of stem/progenitor cell assays in xenogeneic hematopoietic chimeras.
- Authors: Ramírez M, Rottman GA, Shultz LD, Civin CI
- Issue date: 1998 Apr
- Divided within: heterogeneity within adult stem cell pools.
- Authors: Raaijmakers MH, Scadden DT
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 12
- Kinetics and symmetry of divisions of hematopoietic stem cells.
- Authors: Ho AD
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- The stromal cells' guide to the stem cell universe.
- Authors: Müller-Sieburg CE, Deryugina E
- Issue date: 1995 Sep