Adjuvant low dose radiation in childhood non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (report from the United Kingdom Childrens' Cancer Study Group--UKCCSG).
AffiliationDepartments of Child Health and Haematology, Childrens' Hospital, Bristol
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFrom July 1977 to July 1983, 120 children with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma entered a randomised trial of combination chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The primary site was abdominal in 42 patients, mediastinal in 27 and in other sites in 51. Failure-free survival (FFS) at 4 years was 74% for the 41 patients with localised disease (Stages I and II) and 51% for the 79 with generalised disease (Stages III and IV). Patients with mediastinal primaries continued to relapse after the completion of 2 years' treatment, but FFS at 4 years for the 93 patients with non-mediastinal primaries was 65% for all stages combined. In the latter group, there was no benefit to patients randomised at the end of induction chemotherapy to receive adjuvant radiation 15 Grays in 10 fractions in 2 weeks to sites of previous bulky disease when compared to those not receiving such radiation (P = 0.6).
CitationAdjuvant low dose radiation in childhood non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (report from the United Kingdom Childrens' Cancer Study Group--UKCCSG). 1984, 50 (4):463-9 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Adjuvant low dose radiation in childhood T cell leukaemia/lymphoma (report from the United Kingdom Childrens' Cancer Study Group--UKCCSG).
- Authors: Mott MG, Chessells JM, Willoughby ML, Mann JR, Morris-Jones PH, Malpas JS, Palmer MK
- Issue date: 1984 Oct
- Abdominal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in children. Results of irradiation and chemotherapy in a series of 50 patients.
- Authors: Alert J, Longchong M, Castillo E, Valdés M, Jiménez J
- Issue date: 1984
- Brief chemotherapy, Stanford V, and adjuvant radiotherapy for bulky or advanced-stage Hodgkin's disease: a preliminary report.
- Authors: Bartlett NL, Rosenberg SA, Hoppe RT, Hancock SL, Horning SJ
- Issue date: 1995 May
- Results of radiotherapy and combined modality treatment in early stage high grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Frank C, Flentje M, Goldschmidt H, Hunstein W, Wannenmacher M
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- Long-term outcome in children with Hodgkin's lymphoma: the United Kingdom Children's Cancer Study Group HD82 trial.
- Authors: Capra M, Hewitt M, Radford M, Hayward J, Weston CL, Machin D, Children's Cancer and Leukaemia Group.
- Issue date: 2007 May