Image noise reduction on the EMI 7070 CT scanner by the reduction of the noise resident in the CT wedge profiles.
AuthorsMott, David J
AffiliationRegional Deptment of Medical Physics and Bioengeering, Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 9BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOn the EMI 7070 CT scanner the data contained in the wedge files has been averaged resulting in a 6% reduction in the noise content of images. This noise reduction can either be used to improve image quality or can be offset by reducing the x-ray tube current by 12%. The averaging method will be outlined and its rationale discussed.
CitationImage noise reduction on the EMI 7070 CT scanner by the reduction of the noise resident in the CT wedge profiles., 11 (5):666-9 Med Phys
- Does a combination of dose modulation with fast gantry rotation time limit CT image quality?
- Authors: Israel GM, Herlihy S, Rubinowitz AN, Cornfeld D, Brink J
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Optimized control of X-ray exposure and image noise using a particular multislice CT scanner.
- Authors: Yamamoto S, Koyama Y, Suzuki M, Nagasawa H, Kakinuma R, Moriyama N
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 20
- Effect of x-ray tube parameters and iodine concentration on image quality and radiation dose in cerebral pediatric and adult CT angiography: a phantom study.
- Authors: Papadakis AE, Perisinakis K, Raissaki M, Damilakis J
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- A preliminary investigation of radiation dose reduction on an EMI CT5005 whole body scanner using a copper wedge.
- Authors: Webb JA, Cranley K, Bell TK
- Issue date: 1982 Sep
- Use of automatic tube current modulation with a standardized noise index in young children undergoing chest computed tomography scans with 64-slice multidetector computed tomography.
- Authors: Peng Y, Li J, Ma D, Zhang Q, Liu Y, Zeng J, Sun G
- Issue date: 2009 Dec