K cell mediated haemolysis: influence of large numbers of unsensitized cells on the antibody-dependent lysis of anti-D-sensitized erythrocytes by human lymphocytes.
AffiliationDepartment of Immunology, Paterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 9BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe inhibition of K cell mediated haemolysis of anti-D-sensitized human red blood cells by unsensitized erythrocytes has been demonstrated. Inhibition of lysis was non-competitive in nature and influenced by the size and number of unsensitized cells. However, even in the presence of high inhibitor: target cell ratios (50:1) haemolysis, although reduced, was still effected suggesting that K cells are highly motile and capable of recognizing and destroying minority populations of antibody-sensitized erythrocytes. These data are compatible with a role for cytotoxic lymphocytes in the intravascular lysis of autoantibody or alloantibody-sensitized red cells.
CitationK cell mediated haemolysis: influence of large numbers of unsensitized cells on the antibody-dependent lysis of anti-D-sensitized erythrocytes by human lymphocytes. 1984, 57 (3):447-55 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- The relationship between antibody concentration and target cell number in the induction of K cell-mediated haemolysis: evidence for asymmetry among reactants.
- Authors: Bakács T, Ringwald G, Tótpál K, Kimber I, Moore M
- Issue date: 1983 Aug
- Human K cell-mediated haemolysis: determination of the cytotoxic capacity and antibody sensitization requirements of T lymphocyte enriched and depleted populations.
- Authors: Bakács T, Kimber I, Moore M
- Issue date: 1983 Dec
- Monocyte-mediated haemolysis: influence of antibody concentration on the inhibition of antibody-dependent lysis of human A1B erythrocytes by large numbers of unsensitized erythrocytes.
- Authors: Bakács T, Tótpál K, Ringwald G
- Issue date: 1986 Apr
- Lymphocyte killer activity in individuals sensitized against antigen-D assessed by direct ADCC lysis of O,Rh-positive erythrocytes.
- Authors: Sándor J, Lajos J, Braun J
- Issue date: 1986
- Lysis of alloantibody-sensitized human erythrocytes by peripheral blood mononuclear cells: heterogeneity of effector populations.
- Authors: Kimber I, Moore M
- Issue date: 1981 Jan