A multivariate analysis of factors affecting survival in patients with high-grade histology non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AuthorsSteward, William P
Todd, Ian D
Jones, J M
Wilkinson, Peter M
AffiliationCRC Department Medical Oncology and Departments of Radiotherapy, Pathology, Medical Statistics and Clinical Pharmacology and Radiotherapy, Christie Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOne hundred and eleven patients with advanced-stage, high-grade histology non-Hodgkin's lymphoma were studied over a 7-yr period and were treated with one form of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Multivariate analyses were carried out to identify factors which could predict a favourable prognosis. A complete response, low serum LDH and absence of clinical evidence of liver involvement were associated with long-term survival. The presence of 'B' symptoms, bone marrow involvement, low serum albumin and male sex predicted a reduced chance of achieving a complete remission. For those patients who achieved a complete response, the subdivision of histologies, particularly according to the Kiel classification, was the only significant factor predictive of prolonged relapse-free and overall survival. This confirms the importance of identifying different histological subgroups of lymphoma when considering treatment planning.
CitationA multivariate analysis of factors affecting survival in patients with high-grade histology non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 1984, 20 (7):881-9 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Prognostic factors in high and intermediate grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Cowan RA, Jones M, Harris M, Steward WP, Radford JA, Wagstaff J, Deakin DP, Crowther D
- Issue date: 1989 Feb
- Results of radiotherapy and combined modality treatment in early stage high grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Frank C, Flentje M, Goldschmidt H, Hunstein W, Wannenmacher M
- Issue date: 1994 Jul
- Tumor bulk as a prognostic factor for the management of localized aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a survey of the Japan Lymphoma Radiation Therapy Group.
- Authors: Oguchi M, Ikeda H, Isobe K, Hirota S, Hasegawa M, Nakamura K, Sasai K, Hayabuchi N
- Issue date: 2000 Aug 1
- Treatment of relapsed aggressive lymphomas: regimens with and without high-dose therapy and stem cell rescue.
- Authors: Hagemeister FB
- Issue date: 2002 May
- Prognostic factors in localized aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Alici S, Bavbek SE, Kaytan E, Eralp Y, Onat H
- Issue date: 2003 Feb