MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe presence of a tumour angiogenesis factor (TAF) was investigated by bioassay and radioimmunoassay (RIA) in tissue and urine from patients with a variety of urological cancers. TAF was present in the majority of tumours studied by both methods and absent from controls. Our results suggest that RIA of urine for TAF may be applicable as a screening test for bladder cancer.
CitationTumour angiogenesis factor in urological cancers. 1984, 56 (5):490-4 Br J Urol
JournalBritish Journal of Urology
- [Angiogenesis factor in intraocular tumors].
- Authors: Barraquer RI, Domenech Mateu JM, Fernández Cotero JN, Muiños Muro SJ, Iglesias Touriño E
- Issue date: 1982
- Quantitation of angiogenesis factor in bovine retina and tumour extracts by means of radioimmunoassay.
- Authors: Shahabuddin S, Kumar S
- Issue date: 1983 May
- [Angiogenesis activity of tissues and cells of different malignancies].
- Authors: Jiang ZG
- Issue date: 1989 May
- An antiserum to tumour angiogenesis factor: therapeutic approach to solid tumours.
- Authors: Battiwalla ZF, Shethna YI
- Issue date: 1989 Nov-Dec
- Isolation & characterization of tumour angiogenesis factor from solid tumours & body fluids from cancer patients.
- Authors: Deshpande RG, Shethna YI
- Issue date: 1989 Aug