Dibromodulcitol, mitomycin C and vinblastine (DMV) chemotherapy in advanced breast cancer.
AffiliationThe Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA combination of dibromodulcitol 500 mg orally, mitomycin C 10 mg i.v. and vinblastine 10 mg i.v. all given on day 1 and repeated every 4 weeks was given to 40 patients with advanced breast cancer. All but one had received previous endocrine therapy. The response rate (CR + PR) in 24 previously untreated patients was 66% and was 37% in 16 previously treated patients. The survival of responders was significantly longer than non-responders. Thirty-two per cent of patients experienced nausea and vomiting. There was little myelosuppression or thrombocytopenia on the day of starting a new course of therapy but the haemoglobin dropped by 2 g/dl in 32% of patients during therapy. Thus DMV is a relatively non-toxic active regimen for patients with advanced breast cancer.
CitationDibromodulcitol, mitomycin C and vinblastine (DMV) chemotherapy in advanced breast cancer. 1984, 20 (7):873-6 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Docetaxel vs mitomycin plus vinblastine in anthracycline-resistant metastatic breast cancer.
- Authors: Nabholtz JM, Thuerlimann B, Bezwoda WR, Melnychuk D, Deschênes L, Douma J, Vandenberg TA, Rapoport B, Rosso R, Trillet-Lenoir V, Drbal J, Aapro MS, Alaki M, Murawsky M, Riva A
- Issue date: 1997 Aug
- Treatment of advanced breast cancer with mitomycin C combined with vinblastine or vindesine.
- Authors: Garewal HS, Brooks RJ, Jones SE, Miller TP
- Issue date: 1983 Dec
- Doxorubicin, mitolactol (dibromodulcitol), and mitomycin C treatment for patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, 5-FU, vincristine, and prednisone (CMFVP).
- Authors: DiStefano A, Yap HY, Blumenschein GR
- Issue date: 1981 Jan-Feb
- Adriamycin, dibromodulcitol, and mitomycin combination chemotherapy for patients with metastatic breast carcinoma previously treated with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, 5-fluorouracil, vincristine, and prednisone.
- Authors: Pinnamaneni K, Yap HY, Buzdar AU, Distefano A, Blumenschein GR
- Issue date: 1984 May 1
- Mitomycin C and vinblastine in advanced refractory breast cancer.
- Authors: Brambilla C, Zambetti M, Ferrari L, Bonadonna G
- Issue date: 1989 Apr 30