Long-term injury in B-lymphocyte precursor cells in repeatedly-irradiated mice.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMice irradiated with 4 doses of 4.5 Gy X-rays at 3-week intervals, demonstrated long-term proliferative defects in B lymphocytes. There was a reduced mitogenic response to bacterial polysaccharide (30%), a lower concentration (35%) of B-lymphocyte colony-forming cells (BL-CFC) in agar with an increased proportion of clusters (X 2), and a reduced concentration (30%) of plaque-forming cells. Grafts of thymocytes were able to restore the levels of BL-CFC in the short term, but in the long term large grafts of femoral marrow cells were much better in restoring the numbers of BL-CFC. The reduced mitogenesis (25%) of splenocytes by concanavalin A and the diminished number of plaque-forming cells, may suggest persistent injury in T-B cell cooperation.
CitationLong-term injury in B-lymphocyte precursor cells in repeatedly-irradiated mice. 1984, 38 (7):343-7 Biomed Pharmacother
JournalBiomedicine & Pharmacotherapy
- Immunological senescence. II. Normal in vitro colony formation by B cells from old mice.
- Authors: Duwe AK, Roder JC, Singhal SK
- Issue date: 1979 Jun
- [Influence of x-rays on the B- and T-cells in the spleen of mice and their reaction on mitogenetic substances (author's transl)].
- Authors: Goldhofer W, Kreienberg R, Kutzner J, Lemmel EM
- Issue date: 1979 Apr
- Computer analysis of defined populations of lymphocytes irradiated in vitro. II. Analysis of thymus-dependent versus bone marrow-dependent cells.
- Authors: Anderson RE, Olson GB, Howarth JL, Wied GL, Bartels PH
- Issue date: 1975 Jul
- Ex vivo culture rescues hematopoietic stem cells with long-term repopulating capacity following harvest from lethally irradiated mice.
- Authors: Chute JP, Fung J, Muramoto G, Erwin R
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- [Long-term effects of sublethal radiation doses and modifying factors on the state of immunological indices in mice].
- Authors: Kirillova EN
- Issue date: 1984 May-Jun