Collateral sensitivity of a methotrexate-resistant L1210 cell line to the vinca alkaloids.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractL1210 mouse leukaemia cell lines showing a 20,000-fold differential sensitivity to methotrexate have been shown to exhibit some collateral sensitivity to at least two of the vinca alkaloids, vinblastine and vindesine. Vinblastine is the more cytotoxic for both cell lines. The extent of the collateral sensitivity decreases in the order vindesine greater than vinblastine greater than vincristine. Total cellular uptake studies with radiolabelled methotrexate showed only a two- to three-fold greater incorporation in the sensitive line. On the other hand, a two-fold greater incorporation of labelled vincristine occurred in the resistant line. No significant difference in the uptake occurred following labelled vinblastine treatment by the two cell lines. It is unlikely that differences in uptake account for the altered drug responses observed in the two cell lines.
CitationCollateral sensitivity of a methotrexate-resistant L1210 cell line to the vinca alkaloids. 1984, 13 (1):43-6 Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol.
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- The effect of vinca alkaloids in enhancing the sensitivity of a methotrexate-resistant (L1210/R7A) line, studied by flow cytometric and chromosome number analysis.
- Authors: McGown AT, Poppitt DG, Swindell R, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1984
- The use of a fluorescent methotrexate probe to monitor the effects of three vinca alkaloids on a mixed population of parental L1210 and gene-amplified methotrexate-resistant cells by flow cytometry.
- Authors: Poppitt DG, McGown AT, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1984
- Comparative uptake, retention and action of vincristine, vinblastine and vindesine on murine leukaemic lymphoblasts sensitive and resistant to vincristine.
- Authors: Rivera-Fillat MP, Pallarés-Trujillo J, Domènech C, Grau-Oliete MR
- Issue date: 1988 Apr
- Increased schedule-dependent synergism of vindesine versus vincristine in combination with methotrexate against L1210 leukemia.
- Authors: Chello PL, Sirotnak FM
- Issue date: 1981 Nov-Dec
- Flow cytometric evaluation of the cell cycle perturbations induced by S12363, a new vinca alkaloid derivative.
- Authors: Leonce S, Anstett M, Combe-Perez V, Pierre A
- Issue date: 1990 Dec