A clinical assessment of loading dose tamoxifen for advanced breast carcinoma.
AbstractSeventy patients with advanced breast carcinoma were treated with a loading dose regimen of 160 mg Tamoxifen on day 1 followed by a maintenance dose of 20 mg daily from day 2 onwards. Compliance was 100% and only 3 patients developed mild side effects. In 27% regression of disease was observed within 1 month and in 57% within 2 months. This regimen is recommended for routine clinical use.
CitationA clinical assessment of loading dose tamoxifen for advanced breast carcinoma. 1984, 10 (4):363-7 Clin Oncol
- The management of locally advanced carcinoma of the breast by Nolvadex (tamoxifen): a pilot study.
- Authors: Campbell FC, Morgan DA, Bishop HM, Benton FM, Blamey RW, Elston CW, Nicholson RI, Griffiths K
- Issue date: 1984 Jun
- Tamoxifen in the management of advanced breast carcinoma in Nigerian women.
- Authors: Senbanjo RO, Ihekwaba FN, Ajayi OO
- Issue date: 1990 Jan-Mar
- Impact of estrogen receptor expression and other clinicopathologic features on tamoxifen use in ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Authors: Hird RB, Chang A, Cimmino V, Diehl K, Sabel M, Kleer C, Helvie M, Schott A, Young J, Hayes D, Newman L
- Issue date: 2006 May 15
- Tamoxifen versus tamoxifen + mitoxantrone treatment in metastatic breast cancer.
- Authors: Kars A, Baltali E, Tekuzman G, Firat D, Alakavuklar M
- Issue date: 1989 Jul
- Phase I/II trial of all-trans retinoic acid and tamoxifen in patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Budd GT, Adamson PC, Gupta M, Homayoun P, Sandstrom SK, Murphy RF, McLain D, Tuason L, Peereboom D, Bukowski RM, Ganapathi R
- Issue date: 1998 Mar