Outcomes after multiple lines of chemotherapy for platinum-resistant epithelial cancers of the ovary, peritoneum, and fallopian tube.
AuthorsGriffiths, Richard W
Mitchell, Claire L
Kumaran, Gireesh C
Jayson, Gordon C
Clamp, Andrew R
AffiliationDepartments of *Medical Oncology, and †Clinical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust; and ‡School of Cancer and Enabling Science, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract: Platinum-resistant and refractory cancers of the ovary, fallopian tube, and peritoneum have a poor prognosis, yet in some cases, they can respond to multiple lines of chemotherapy. Uncertainty remains over optimal drug choice and when therapeutic focus should be switched from active therapy to supportive care.
CitationOutcomes after multiple lines of chemotherapy for platinum-resistant epithelial cancers of the ovary, peritoneum, and fallopian tube. 2011, 21 (1):58-65 Int. J Gynecol Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- A Phase II clinical trial of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin and carboplatin in Japanese patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer.
- Authors: Nakanishi T, Aoki D, Watanabe Y, Ando Y, Tomotsugu N, Sato Y, Saito T
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Improved survival trends in platinum-resistant patients with advanced ovarian, fallopian or peritoneal cancer treated with first-line paclitaxel/platinum chemotherapy: the impact of novel agents.
- Authors: Bamias A, Bamia C, Zagouri F, Kostouros E, Kakoyianni K, Rodolakis A, Vlahos G, Haidopoulos D, Thomakos N, Antsaklis A, Dimopoulos MA
- Issue date: 2013
- Usefulness of third-line chemotherapy for women with recurrent ovarian, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancer who receive platinum/taxane regimens as first-line therapy.
- Authors: Nishio S, Katsumata N, Matsumoto K, Tanabe H, Yonemori K, Kouno T, Shimizu C, Ando M, Kamura T, Kasamatsu T, Fujiwara Y
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Salvage chemotherapy in recurrent platinum-resistant or refractory epithelial ovarian cancer with Carboplatin and distearoylphosphatidylcholine pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin (lipo-dox®).
- Authors: Khemapech N, Oranratanaphan S, Termrungruanglert W, Lertkhachonsuk R, Vasurattana A
- Issue date: 2013
- Phase II evaluation of phenoxodiol in combination with cisplatin or paclitaxel in women with platinum/taxane-refractory/resistant epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancers.
- Authors: Kelly MG, Mor G, Husband A, O'Malley DM, Baker L, Azodi M, Schwartz PE, Rutherford TJ
- Issue date: 2011 May