Can metabolomics in addition to genomics add to prognostic and predictive information in breast cancer?
AffiliationSchool of Cancer and Enabling Studies, University of Manchester, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGenomic data from breast cancers provide additional prognostic and predictive information that is beginning to be used for patient management. The question arises whether additional information derived from other 'omic' approaches such as metabolomics can provide additional information. In an article published this month in BMC Cancer, Borgan et al. add metabolomic information to genomic measures in breast tumours and demonstrate, for the first time, that it may be possible to further define subgroups of patients which could be of value clinically. See research article: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2407/10/628.
CitationCan metabolomics in addition to genomics add to prognostic and predictive information in breast cancer? 2010, 8:73 BMC Med
- A simple method for assigning genomic grade to individual breast tumours.
- Authors: Wennmalm K, Bergh J
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 21
- An HR-MAS MR metabolomics study on breast tissues obtained with core needle biopsy.
- Authors: Li M, Song Y, Cho N, Chang JM, Koo HR, Yi A, Kim H, Park S, Moon WK
- Issue date: 2011
- Identification of a serum-detectable metabolomic fingerprint potentially correlated with the presence of micrometastatic disease in early breast cancer patients at varying risks of disease relapse by traditional prognostic methods.
- Authors: Oakman C, Tenori L, Claudino WM, Cappadona S, Nepi S, Battaglia A, Bernini P, Zafarana E, Saccenti E, Fornier M, Morris PG, Biganzoli L, Luchinat C, Bertini I, Di Leo A
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Integrating complex genomic datasets and tumour cell sensitivity profiles to address a 'simple' question: which patients should get this drug?
- Authors: Benes C, Settleman J
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 14
- Prediction of recurrence for advanced breast cancer. Traditional and contemporary pathologic and molecular markers.
- Authors: Masood S
- Issue date: 1995 Oct