No association between SNPs regulating TGF-β1 secretion and late radiotherapy toxicity to the breast: results from the RAPPER study.
West, Catharine M L
Elliott, Rebecca M
AffiliationDepartment of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeveral small studies have reported associations between TGFB1 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), considered to increase secretion of TGF-β1, and greater than 3-fold increases in incidence of fibrosis - an indicator of late toxicity after radiotherapy in breast cancer patients.
CitationNo association between SNPs regulating TGF-β1 secretion and late radiotherapy toxicity to the breast: results from the RAPPER study. 2010, 97 (1):9-14 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Individual patient data meta-analysis shows no association between the SNP rs1800469 in TGFB and late radiotherapy toxicity.
- Authors: Barnett GC, Elliott RM, Alsner J, Andreassen CN, Abdelhay O, Burnet NG, Chang-Claude J, Coles CE, Gutiérrez-Enríquez S, Fuentes-Raspall MJ, Alonso-Muñoz MC, Kerns S, Raabe A, Symonds RP, Seibold P, Talbot CJ, Wenz F, Wilkinson J, Yarnold J, Dunning AM, Rosenstein BS, West CM, Bentzen SM
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- SNPs in genes implicated in radiation response are associated with radiotoxicity and evoke roles as predictive and prognostic biomarkers.
- Authors: Alsbeih G, El-Sebaie M, Al-Harbi N, Al-Hadyan K, Shoukri M, Al-Rajhi N
- Issue date: 2013 May 22
- Association between SNPs in defined functional pathways and risk of early or late toxicity as well as individual radiosensitivity.
- Authors: Reuther S, Szymczak S, Raabe A, Borgmann K, Ziegler A, Petersen C, Dikomey E, Hoeller U
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in ATM, GSTP1, SOD2, TGFB1, XPD and XRCC1 with clinical and cellular radiosensitivity.
- Authors: Zschenker O, Raabe A, Boeckelmann IK, Borstelmann S, Szymczak S, Wellek S, Rades D, Hoeller U, Ziegler A, Dikomey E, Borgmann K
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- No association between TGFB1 polymorphisms and late radiotherapy toxicity: a meta-analysis.
- Authors: Zhu ML, Wang M, Shi TY, Li QX, Xi P, Xia KQ, Zheng L, Wei QY
- Issue date: 2013