Identification and cloning in yeast artificial chromosomes of a region of elevated loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p31.1 in human breast cancer.
James, Louise A
Mitchell, Erika L D
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have mapped a region of high loss of heterozygosity in breast cancer to a 2-cM interval between the loci D1S430 and D1S465 on chromosome 1p31.1. This region shows allelic imbalance in around 60% of breast tumors. As part of a strategy to clone the target gene(s) within this interval, we have generated a yeast artificial chromosome contig spanning over 7 Mb. YACs from the CEPH and Zeneca (formerly ICI) libraries have been obtained by screening with PCR-based STSs from the region for both previously identified loci and newly isolated STSs. The YACs have been assembled into a contig by a combination of approaches, including analysis of their STS content, generation of new STSs from the ends of key YACs, and long-range restriction mapping. These YAC clones provide the basis for complete characterization of the region of high loss in breast cancer and for the ultimate identification of the target gene(s).
CitationIdentification and cloning in yeast artificial chromosomes of a region of elevated loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p31.1 in human breast cancer. 1995, 30 (2):233-43 Genomics
- A high-density STS map based on a single contig of YAC and P1 clones in the chromosome 8p12-p21 region.
- Authors: Mitsuda N, Nakura J, Ye L, Zhao Y, Fujioka Y, Takahashi-Fujii A, Ishino Y, Kato I, Hashimoto K, Ogihara T, Miki T
- Issue date: 1997 Apr 1
- A YAC contig in 6p23 based on sequence tagged sites.
- Authors: Nemani M, Cherif D, Chesne H, Pelandakis M, Ougen P, Berger R, Weissenbach J, Le Paslier D, Cohen D, Cann HM
- Issue date: 1994 Jul 15
- Construction of a 5-Mb YAC contig from the putative 10q25 tumor-suppressor region for glioblastomas.
- Authors: Albarosa R, Finocchiaro G, Chiariello E, Russo G, Susani L, Vezzoni P, Zucchi I
- Issue date: 1997 May 1
- Detection and cloning of a common region of loss of heterozygosity at chromosome 1p in breast cancer.
- Authors: Nagai H, Negrini M, Carter SL, Gillum DR, Rosenberg AL, Schwartz GF, Croce CM
- Issue date: 1995 Apr 15
- Sequence-ready contig for the 1.4-cM ductal carcinoma in situ loss of heterozygosity region on chromosome 8p22-p23.
- Authors: Wang JC, Radford DM, Holt MS, Helms C, Goate A, Brandt W, Parik M, Phillips NJ, DeSchryver K, Schuh ME, Fair KL, Ritter JH, Marshall P, Donis-Keller H
- Issue date: 1999 Aug 15