Identification and cloning in yeast artificial chromosomes of a region of elevated loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p31.1 in human breast cancer.
James, Louise A
Mitchell, Erika L D
AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have mapped a region of high loss of heterozygosity in breast cancer to a 2-cM interval between the loci D1S430 and D1S465 on chromosome 1p31.1. This region shows allelic imbalance in around 60% of breast tumors. As part of a strategy to clone the target gene(s) within this interval, we have generated a yeast artificial chromosome contig spanning over 7 Mb. YACs from the CEPH and Zeneca (formerly ICI) libraries have been obtained by screening with PCR-based STSs from the region for both previously identified loci and newly isolated STSs. The YACs have been assembled into a contig by a combination of approaches, including analysis of their STS content, generation of new STSs from the ends of key YACs, and long-range restriction mapping. These YAC clones provide the basis for complete characterization of the region of high loss in breast cancer and for the ultimate identification of the target gene(s).
CitationIdentification and cloning in yeast artificial chromosomes of a region of elevated loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p31.1 in human breast cancer. 1995, 30 (2):233-43 Genomics
- A human chromosome 7 yeast artificial chromosome (YAC) resource: construction, characterization, and screening.
- Authors: Green ED, Braden VV, Fulton RS, Lim R, Ueltzen MS, Peluso DC, Mohr-Tidwell RM, Idol JR, Smith LM, Chumakov I
- Issue date: 1995 Jan 1
- Cloning of the Huntington disease region in yeast artificial chromosomes.
- Authors: Zuo J, Robbins C, Taillon-Miller P, Cox DR, Myers RM
- Issue date: 1992 Jun
- A 6-Mb yeast artificial chromosome contig and long-range physical map encompassing the region on chromosome 12q15 frequently rearranged in a variety of benign solid tumors.
- Authors: Schoenmakers EF, Geurts JM, Kools PF, Mols R, Huysmans C, Bullerdiek J, Van den Berghe H, Van de Ven WJ
- Issue date: 1995 Oct 10
- A high-density STS map based on a single contig of YAC and P1 clones in the chromosome 8p12-p21 region.
- Authors: Mitsuda N, Nakura J, Ye L, Zhao Y, Fujioka Y, Takahashi-Fujii A, Ishino Y, Kato I, Hashimoto K, Ogihara T, Miki T
- Issue date: 1997 Apr 1
- Generation of a contig comprising YACs and BACs within chromosome region 1p13.1.
- Authors: Brintnell B, Hey Y, Jones D, Hoggard N, James L, Varley JM
- Issue date: 1997 Mar