Lack of correlation between differentiation status and response to radiation of three murine squamous cell carcinomas.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe gross growth rate, histology, cellular kinetics, and in situ radiobiological response have been measured for three murine, keratinising squamous cell carcinomas that differed in their degree of differentiation. Growth rate was fastest in the least-differentiated tumour, slowest in the best-differentiated. However, the kinetics of the compartment of undifferentiated cells that are likely to be radiotherapeutically important, were the same for the three lines. There was no correlation between degree of differentiation and intrinsic or apparent radiosensitivity as measured by the growth delay assay. The radiobiologically best-oxygenated tumour was that which has the largest stromal component and this was not the best-differentiated tumour.
CitationLack of correlation between differentiation status and response to radiation of three murine squamous cell carcinomas. 1985, 24 (3):211-8 Radiat Environ Biophys
JournalRadiation and Environmental Biophysics
- Repopulation of moderately well-differentiated and keratinizing GL human squamous cell carcinomas growing in nude mice.
- Authors: Hessel F, Krause M, Petersen C, Hörcsöki M, Klinger T, Zips D, Thames HD, Baumann M
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 1
- Modulation of radiation response after epidermal growth factor receptor blockade in squamous cell carcinomas: inhibition of damage repair, cell cycle kinetics, and tumor angiogenesis.
- Authors: Huang SM, Harari PM
- Issue date: 2000 Jun
- Increased radiosensitivity with chronic hypoxia in four human tumor cell lines.
- Authors: Zölzer F, Streffer C
- Issue date: 2002 Nov 1
- Effects of keratinocyte growth factor on the proliferation and radiation survival of human squamous cell carcinoma cell lines in vitro and in vivo.
- Authors: Ning S, Shui C, Khan WB, Benson W, Lacey DL, Knox SJ
- Issue date: 1998 Jan 1
- The radiosensitivity of recurrent clones of an irradiated murine squamous cell carcinoma in the in vitro megacolony system.
- Authors: Tarnawski R, Kummermehr J, Trott KR
- Issue date: 1998 Feb