Recombinant vaccinia virus induces neutralising antibodies in rabbits against Epstein-Barr virus membrane antigen gp340.
AffiliationDepartment of Molecular Biology, Paterson Laboratories, Christie Hopital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Epstein-Barr virus membrane antigen gene gp340 was isolated, inserted into several strains of vaccinia virus and expressed under the control of a vaccinia virus promoter. The EBV-derived protein which was produced by the recombinant vaccinia viruses was heavily glycosylated, readily labelled with threonine, could be detected at the surface of infected cells and had a mol. wt. of approximately 340 kd, all of which are properties of the authentic gp340. Polyclonal rabbit antisera against gp340 and an EBV-neutralising anti-gp340 monoclonal antibody both recognised cells infected with the recombinant vaccinia viruses. Moreover, rabbits vaccinated with one of the recombinants produced antibodies that recognised EBV-containing lymphoblastoid cells and neutralised EBV.
CitationRecombinant vaccinia virus induces neutralising antibodies in rabbits against Epstein-Barr virus membrane antigen gp340. 1985, 4 (12):3229-34 EMBO J
JournalThe EMBO Journal
- Immunisation of common marmosets with vaccinia virus expressing Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) gp340 and challenge with EBV.
- Authors: Mackett M, Cox C, Pepper SD, Lees JF, Naylor BA, Wedderburn N, Arrand JR
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- Identification of the human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein B gene and induction of neutralizing antibodies via its expression in recombinant vaccinia virus.
- Authors: Cranage MP, Kouzarides T, Bankier AT, Satchwell S, Weston K, Tomlinson P, Barrell B, Hart H, Bell SE, Minson AC
- Issue date: 1986 Nov
- Induction of neutralizing antibodies against bovine leukosis virus in rabbits by vaccination with recombinant vaccinia virus expressing bovine leukosis virus envelope glycoprotein.
- Authors: Ohishi K, Suzuki H, Maruyama T, Yamamoto T, Funahashi S, Miki K, Ikawa Y, Sugimoto M
- Issue date: 1990 Aug
- Effect of the recombinant vaccinia viruses that express HTLV-I envelope gene on HTLV-I infection.
- Authors: Shida H, Tochikura T, Sato T, Konno T, Hirayoshi K, Seki M, Ito Y, Hatanaka M, Hinuma Y, Sugimoto M
- Issue date: 1987 Nov
- Protective immunization against Epstein-Barr virus-induced disease in cottontop tamarins using the virus envelope glycoprotein gp340 produced from a bovine papillomavirus expression vector.
- Authors: Finerty S, Tarlton J, Mackett M, Conway M, Arrand JR, Watkins PE, Morgan AJ
- Issue date: 1992 Feb