MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA patient is described who has had a marked eosinophilia of unknown cause for 9 years in association with episodic facial swelling. Weekly blood counts for 8 months showed cyclical variations in eosinophils, neutrophils and monocytes (mean cycle length 35 d). Marrow culture studies showed fluctuation in the incidence of granulocyte-macrophage colonies (GM-CFC), and the proportion of eosinophil colonies was higher than the values reported for normals. The blood lymphocyte T4/T8 ratio was reversed, due to an increase of T8+ cells. It is suggested that this condition is a rare form of periodic haemopoiesis.
CitationCyclical eosinophilia: a manifestation of periodic haemopoiesis? 1985, 61 (1):65-70 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Periodic neutropenia and monocytopenia.
- Authors: Adams WH, Liu YK
- Issue date: 1982 Aug
- Cyclical neutropenia and T8 lymphocyte mediated stimulation of granulopoiesis.
- Authors: Smith JG, Seenan AK, Smith MA, Galloway E, Lesko MJ, Lucie NP, Robertson MR, Rowan RM
- Issue date: 1985 Jul
- Contrasting effects of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (CSF) and granulocyte CSF treatment on the cycling of blood elements in childhood-onset cyclic neutropenia.
- Authors: Wright DG, Kenney RF, Oette DH, LaRussa VF, Boxer LA, Malech HL
- Issue date: 1994 Aug 15
- In vitro clonogenic assays in selective neutropenia.
- Authors: Brown RD, Yuen E, Kronenberg H, Rickard KA
- Issue date: 1983 Feb
- Increased proliferation of eosinophil clusters in myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Authors: Koike M, Ishiyama T, Yokoyama A, Kawakami K, Nakamaki T, Tomoyasu S, Tsuruoka N
- Issue date: 1995 Dec