MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA patient is described who has had a marked eosinophilia of unknown cause for 9 years in association with episodic facial swelling. Weekly blood counts for 8 months showed cyclical variations in eosinophils, neutrophils and monocytes (mean cycle length 35 d). Marrow culture studies showed fluctuation in the incidence of granulocyte-macrophage colonies (GM-CFC), and the proportion of eosinophil colonies was higher than the values reported for normals. The blood lymphocyte T4/T8 ratio was reversed, due to an increase of T8+ cells. It is suggested that this condition is a rare form of periodic haemopoiesis.
CitationCyclical eosinophilia: a manifestation of periodic haemopoiesis? 1985, 61 (1):65-70 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Cyclical neutropenia and T8 lymphocyte mediated stimulation of granulopoiesis.
- Authors: Smith JG, Seenan AK, Smith MA, Galloway E, Lesko MJ, Lucie NP, Robertson MR, Rowan RM
- Issue date: 1985 Jul
- Periodic neutropenia and monocytopenia.
- Authors: Adams WH, Liu YK
- Issue date: 1982 Aug
- The role of eosinophils in granulopoiesis. I. Eosinophilia in neutropenic patients.
- Authors: Tebbi CK, Mahmoud AA, Polmar S, Gross S
- Issue date: 1980 Mar
- Abnormal responses of myeloid progenitor cells to granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in human cyclic neutropenia.
- Authors: Wright DG, LaRussa VF, Salvado AJ, Knight RD
- Issue date: 1989 Apr
- [Biological and clinical aspects of cyclic neutropenia].
- Authors: Robak T
- Issue date: 1989