Serial incidence of bone marrow GM-CFC prior to the development of acute non-lymphoblastic leukaemia in a child treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA child treated for NHL developed acute non-lymphoblastic leukaemia 27 months after stopping treatment. Serial in vitro bone marrow studies showed a normal incidence of GM-CFC following treatment. However, GM-CFC incidence dropped at least 15 months prior to the development of leukaemia. This was associated with an asymptomatic neutropenia but no disturbance of bone marrow morphology. It is concluded that sub-clinical disturbances of bone marrow function may play an important part in leukaemogenesis.
CitationSerial incidence of bone marrow GM-CFC prior to the development of acute non-lymphoblastic leukaemia in a child treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 1985, 59 (1):79-84 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Sequential study of the bone marrow granulocytic progenitor cells (CFC *) in children treated by chemotherapy for non-hodgkin malignant lymphomas.
- Authors: Hartmann O, Parmentier C, Lemerle J, Gout M, Schweisguth O
- Issue date: 1979
- [Evaluation of hematopoietic and stromal cells-precursors in children with neutropenia].
- Authors: Gerasimova LP, Kisliak NS, Mamedova EA, Finogenova NA
- Issue date: 1991 Mar
- Stage IV non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in children.
- Authors: Sumer T, Al-Awamy B, Al-Mouzan M
- Issue date: 1985 Oct
- Sustained long-term hematopoiesis after myeloablative therapy with peripheral blood progenitor cell support.
- Authors: Haas R, Witt B, Möhle R, Goldschmidt H, Hohaus S, Fruehauf S, Wannenmacher M, Hunstein W
- Issue date: 1995 Jun 15
- Normal hematopoietic reconstitution following ASTA-Z 7557-purged grafts in the absence of in vitro CFU-GM colony growth.
- Authors: Nagler A, Mumcuoglu M, Naparstek E, Or R, Gan S, Slavin S
- Issue date: 1993 Jan