AffiliationRegional Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, Christie Hospital, Withington, Manchester M20 9BX, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA prototype digital ionographic imaging system is described. The process involves direct electrical reading of a latent electrostatic image which has been produced by an ionographic technique. The main design features of the system are outlined and their effect on its imaging performance highlighted. A preliminary assessment of the performance of the system in terms of resolution, noise, contrast and sensitivity is presented and compared with that of a conventional screen-film combination.
CitationA prototype digital ionographic imaging system. 1985, 30 (1):11-20 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- [Digital radiography. Experiences with the SP system].
- Authors: Hintze A, Jötten G
- Issue date: 1986 Jul
- [New analog and digital imaging techniques for chest diagnosis--principles--clinical value--economics].
- Authors: Busch HP, Lehmann KJ, Georgi M
- Issue date: 1993 Jan
- Evaluation of optically projected x-ray images from an elastomer-based ionographic system.
- Authors: Jani SK, Fatouros PP, Walton PW
- Issue date: 1983 Jan-Feb
- Initial performance evaluation of an indirect-detection, active matrix flat-panel imager (AMFPI) prototype for megavoltage imaging.
- Authors: Antonuk LE, El-Mohri Y, Huang W, Jee KW, Siewerdsen JH, Maolinbay M, Scarpine VE, Sandler H, Yorkston J
- Issue date: 1998 Sep 1
- The evolution of digital radiography: from storage phosphors to flat-panel detectors.
- Authors: Porcelli A, Maggi F, Spalvieri S, Meduri A, Marano P
- Issue date: 2003 Jan-Mar