The pharmacokinetics of 7-hydroxymethotrexate following medium-dose methotrexate therapy.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Pharmacology, CHristie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester, M20 9BX, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn unambiguous and specific HPLC assay was used to determine the pharmacokinetics of 7-hydroxymethotrexate (7-OHMTX) following the administration of moderate-dose methotrexate (MTX) 100 mg X m-2 to 37 patients with advanced head and neck cancer. There was marked interpatient variation but patient exposure to 7-OHMTX was considerable. There was, however, no correlation between the amount of 7-OHMTX produced and either tumour response or patient toxicity.
CitationThe pharmacokinetics of 7-hydroxymethotrexate following medium-dose methotrexate therapy. 1985, 14 (2):165-7 Cancer Chemother Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Determination of 7-hydroxymethotrexate in human plasma by reversed phase high-performance liquid chromatography.
- Authors: Erttmann R, Bielack S, Landbeck G
- Issue date: 1986
- Plasma levels of 7-hydroxymethotrexate after high-dose methotrexate treatment.
- Authors: Milano G, Thyss A, Renee N, Schneider M, Namer M, Boublil JL, Lalanne CM
- Issue date: 1983
- Renal excretion and pharmacokinetics of methotrexate and 7-hydroxy-methotrexate following a 24-h high dose infusion of methotrexate in children.
- Authors: Winograd B, Lippens RJ, Oosterbaan MJ, Dirks MJ, Vree TB, van der Kleijn E
- Issue date: 1986
- High-dose methotrexate in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: 7-hydroxymethotrexate systemic exposure and urinary concentrations at the steady state correlate well with those of methotrexate.
- Authors: Chládková J, Hak J, Martínková J, Chládek J
- Issue date: 2010
- Trace analysis of methotrexate and 7-hydroxymethotrexate in human plasma and urine by a novel high-performance liquid chromatographic method.
- Authors: Beck O, Seideman P, Wennberg M, Peterson C
- Issue date: 1991 Nov