Sequential chemotherapy for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: platinum combination cytoreduction followed by cyclophosphamide consolidation.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign, Department of Medical Oncology and Department of Radiology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Wilmslow Rd., Manchester UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThirty-six women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer were treated with a combination of cisplatin, vinblastine and bleomycin followed by a consolidation regimen of intravenous cyclophosphamide. There was a 53% response rate in previously untreated patients with 25% complete clinical remissions. Sixteen per cent of previously untreated patients remain in a complete clinical remission of greater than 3 yr duration. In a multivariate analysis bulk tumor residuum was not a significant adverse factor in terms of survival, suggesting that intensive chemical cytoreduction followed by non-cross-resistant consolidation may overcome such prognostic variables.
CitationSequential chemotherapy for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: platinum combination cytoreduction followed by cyclophosphamide consolidation. 1985, 21 (12):1479-83 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Vinblastine, actinomycin D, bleomycin, cyclophosphamide and cis-platinum for advanced germ cell testis tumors: Brazilian experience.
- Authors: Srougi M, Simon SD, de Góes GM
- Issue date: 1985 Jul
- Ovarian germ cell malignancies: the Yale University experience.
- Authors: Schwartz PE, Chambers SK, Chambers JT, Kohorn E, McIntosh S
- Issue date: 1992 Apr
- Treatment of advanced epithelial ovarian cancer with a cis-dichloro-diammine platinum, cyclophosphamide, and bleomycin combination.
- Authors: Israël L, Breau JL, Morère JF, Aguilera J
- Issue date: 1988 Feb
- Vinblastine, actinomycin D, bleomycin, cyclophosphamide and cis-platinum combination chemotherapy in metastatic testis cancer--a 1-year program.
- Authors: Vugrin D, Whitmore WF Jr, Golbey RB
- Issue date: 1982 Dec
- Speed of response to platinum-based chemotherapy: implications for the management of epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Lawton FG, Kelly KA, Sant Cassia LJ, Blackledge G
- Issue date: 1987 Jul