Chemical heterogeneity of heparan sulfate from a human neuroblastoma cell line.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe chemical heterogeneity of radiolabelled neuroblastoma heparan sulfate has been studied by ion exchange chromatography and by affinity chromatography on heparan sulfate-agarose. Although the entire population of chains shows considerable homogeneity in charge density, the deaminative cleavage products ranged in size from disaccharides to eicosasaccharides. Under appropriate conditions neuroblastoma heparan sulfate could be separated into two pools of low or high affinity for lung heparan sulfate-agarose. Analyses of periodate oxidation-alkaline elimination indicated that the high affinity chains contained larger proportions of heparin-like segments, i.e. iduronate-rich and N-sulfated ones.
CitationChemical heterogeneity of heparan sulfate from a human neuroblastoma cell line. 1985, 39 (4):305-13 Acta Chem Scand, B, Org Chem Biochem
JournalActa Chemica Scandinavica. Series B: Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Co-polymeric glycosaminoglycans in transformed cells. Transformation-dependent changes in the co-polymeric structure of heparan sulphate.
- Authors: Fransson LA, Havsmark B, Chiarugi VP
- Issue date: 1982 Jan 1
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans of human neuroblastoma cells: affinity fractionation on columns of platelet factor-4+.
- Authors: Maresh GA, Chernoff EA, Culp LA
- Issue date: 1984 Sep
- Self-association of heparan sulfate. Demonstration of binding by affinity chromatography of free chains on heparan sulfate-substituted agarose gels.
- Authors: Fransson LA, Havsmark B, Sheehan JK
- Issue date: 1981 Dec 25
- Structure of the heparan sulfate-protein linkage region. Demonstration of the sequence galactosyl-galactosyl-xylose-2-phosphate.
- Authors: Fransson LA, Silverberg I, Carlstedt I
- Issue date: 1985 Nov 25
- Heparan sulfates from Swiss mouse 3T3 and SV3T3 cells: O-sulfate difference.
- Authors: Keller KL, Keller JM, Moy JN
- Issue date: 1980 May 27