Residual deficiencies in hemopoietic precursor cell populations after repeated irradiation of mice with x-rays or neutrons: dose-response relationships.
AbstractPersistent reductions in the femoral content of hemopoietic colony-forming cells (CFU-S and GM-CFC) were observed after four doses of irradiation, delivered with three weeks between doses. In general, the reductions were dose dependent, and similar reductions were produced by single doses and repeated doses using the same total dose. After the lowest doses investigated, 4 X 0.75 Gy 300-kVp x-rays or 4 X 0.38 Gy 14.7-MeV neutrons, the recovered levels remained at 60%-80% of control for at least one year after irradiation. The relative biological effectiveness (RBE) of neutrons is about 2 for these long-term hemopoietic deficiencies.
CitationResidual deficiencies in hemopoietic precursor cell populations after repeated irradiation of mice with x-rays or neutrons: dose-response relationships. 1986, 14 (3):230-3 Exp Hematol
- The effects of graded doses of 1 MeV fission neutrons or X rays on the murine hematopoietic stroma.
- Authors: Meijne EI, Ploemacher RE, Vos O, Huiskamp R
- Issue date: 1992 Sep
- The response of stromal progenitor cells in mouse marrow to graded repeated doses of X rays or neutrons.
- Authors: Xu CX, Hendry JH, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1983 Oct
- Recovery of the proliferative and functional integrity of mouse bone marrow in long-term cultures established after whole-body irradiation at different doses and dose rates.
- Authors: Bierkens JG, Hendry JH, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1991 Feb
- The effect of graded doses of fission neutrons or X rays on the lymphoid compartment of the thymus in mice.
- Authors: Huiskamp R, Davids JA, van Ewijk W
- Issue date: 1986 Feb
- The effect of low dose rate on recovery of hemopoietic and stromal progenitor cells in gamma-irradiated mouse bone marrow.
- Authors: Gallini R, Hendry JH, Molineux G, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1988 Sep