Radiosensitivity of murine hemopoietic colony-forming units assayed in situ in the rib and in other marrow sites.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe radiosensitivity of murine hemopoietic colony-forming cells, which produce colonies in situ and which were counted at Day 8 after irradiation in sections of the femur, humerus, sternum, and spleen, is characterized by a D0 value of 91 +/- 9 cGy. The radiosensitivity of such cells in the rib was assessed using a new technique measuring regeneration or ablation of marrow in transverse sections of ribs observed at Day 8 after irradiation. The mean D0 value over a range determined using several different criteria was 108 cGy. These results provide evidence for the common assumptions that radiosensitivity measured using conventional transplantation assays reflects radiosensitivity in situ, and that the radiosensitivity of stem cells in different medullary marrow sites is similar. The techniques could be used with other species where assays for stem cells are not available.
CitationRadiosensitivity of murine hemopoietic colony-forming units assayed in situ in the rib and in other marrow sites. 1986, 105 (3):370-8 Radiat Res
- [The radiosensitivity of hematopoietic stem cells from mice forming splenic colonies after 8 and 12 days following bone marrow cell transplantation (CFU-S-8 and CFU-S-12)].
- Authors: Trishkina AI, Konopliannikov AG
- Issue date: 1992 Mar-Apr
- Radiosensitivity increases with differentiation status of murine hemopoietic progenitor cells selected using enriched marrow subpopulations and recombinant growth factors.
- Authors: Baird MC, Hendry JH, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1990 Sep
- [Radiosensitivity of stromal precursors and mature hematopoietic stromal cells in a culture].
- Authors: Drize NI, Gurevich OA, Chertkov IL
- Issue date: 1986 May-Jun
- [Radiosensitivity of pluripotent stem cells detectable by cloning in the spleen of irradiated mice].
- Authors: Poverennyĭ AM, Semina OV, Semenets TN, Ivanov VK, Shapovalova EV
- Issue date: 1984 Jan-Feb
- Gamma-ray-induced cell killing and chromosome abnormalities in the bone marrow of p53-deficient mice.
- Authors: Wang L, Cui Y, Lord BI, Roberts SA, Potten CS, Hendry JH, Scott D
- Issue date: 1996 Sep