Evidence for the excision repair of O6-n-butyldeoxyguanosine in human cells.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe persistence of O6-n-butyldeoxyguanosine (O6-nBudG) in DNA, the presence of O6-alkylguanine DNA alkyltransferase (AT) activity in cell extracts, and cell survival following exposure to N-n-butyl-N-nitrosourea (BNU), have been measured in normal and xeroderma pigmentosum cell strains, both transformed and untransformed. The rates of removal of O6-nBudG did not correlate with AT activity but did correlate with the ability of strains to excise bulky DNA lesions. BNU and N-methyl-N-nitrosourea dose-response curves for cell killing suggests that both AT and excision may be involved in the repair of cytotoxic lesions.
CitationEvidence for the excision repair of O6-n-butyldeoxyguanosine in human cells. 1986, 7 (12):1987-90 Carcinogenesis
- A comparison of cell survival, mutation and persistence of putative promutagenic lesions in Chinese hamster cells exposed to BNU or MNU.
- Authors: Boyle JM, Saffhill R, Margison GP, Fox M
- Issue date: 1986 Dec
- Genetic evidence for nucleotide excision repair of O6-alkylguanine in mammalian cells.
- Authors: Boyle JM, Durrant LG, Wild CP, Saffhill R, Margison GP
- Issue date: 1987
- N-Methyl-N-nitrosourea potentiation of cytogenetic damage induced by 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea in normal human lymphocytes.
- Authors: Wiencke JK, Bodell WJ
- Issue date: 1985 Oct
- Potentiation of nitrosourea cytotoxicity in human leukemic cells by inactivation of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase.
- Authors: Gerson SL, Trey JE, Miller K
- Issue date: 1988 Mar 15
- Regeneration of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase in human lymphocytes after nitrosourea exposure.
- Authors: Gerson SL
- Issue date: 1988 Sep 15