Reconstitution of haemopoietic system with autologous marrow taken during relapse of acute myeloblastic leukaemia and grown in long-term culture.
Coutinho, Lucia H
Morgenstern, Godfrey R
Scarffe, J Howard
Deakin, David P
Harrison, Christine J
Testa, Nydia G
Dexter, T Michael
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Haematology, Paterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn long-term cultures of bone marrow from a patient with acute myeloblastic leukaemia (AML) the leukaemic chromosome marker, which was present in a proportion of the marrow cells even during morphological remission, was not detectable after seven days of culture. After florid relapse of AML, large-scale bone marrow cultures were established while the patient received conditioning with cyclophosphamide and total body irradiation as for an allogeneic bone marrow transplant. Marrow cultured for ten days was reinfused and three and six months later the patient was in clinical remission with a normal karyotype.
CitationReconstitution of haemopoietic system with autologous marrow taken during relapse of acute myeloblastic leukaemia and grown in long-term culture. 1986, 1 (8476):294-5 Lancet
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for children with acute myeloblastic leukemia in first complete remission: impact of conditioning regimen without total-body irradiation--a report from the Société Française de Greffe de Moelle.
- Authors: Michel G, Gluckman E, Esperou-Bourdeau H, Reiffers J, Pico JL, Bordigoni P, Thuret I, Blaise D, Bernaudin F, Jouet JP
- Issue date: 1994 Jun
- Transplantation of unpurged autologous bone-marrow in acute myeloid leukaemia in first remission.
- Authors: Burnett AK, Tansey P, Watkins R, Alcorn M, Maharaj D, Singer CR, McKinnon S, McDonald GA, Robertson AG
- Issue date: 1984 Nov 10
- Melphalan and total body irradiation (TBI) versus cyclophosphamide and TBI as conditioning for allogeneic matched sibling bone marrow transplants for acute myeloblastic leukaemia in first remission.
- Authors: Helenglass G, Powles RL, McElwain TJ, Lakhani A, Milan S, Gore M, Nandi A, Zuiable A, Perren T, Forgeson G
- Issue date: 1988 Jan
- The use of bone marrow cells grown in long-term culture for autologous bone marrow transplantation in acute myeloid leukaemia: an update.
- Authors: Chang J, Morgenstern GR, Coutinho LH, Scarffe JH, Carr T, Deakin DP, Testa NG, Dexter TM
- Issue date: 1989 Jan
- Randomised comparison of addition of autologous bone-marrow transplantation to intensive chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemia in first remission: results of MRC AML 10 trial. UK Medical Research Council Adult and Children's Leukaemia Working Parties.
- Authors: Burnett AK, Goldstone AH, Stevens RM, Hann IM, Rees JK, Gray RG, Wheatley K
- Issue date: 1998 Mar 7