Immunohistochemical detection of ras oncogene p21 product in benign and malignant mammary tissue in man.
AffiliationDepartment of Immunology Paterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, M20 9BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe monoclonal antibody RAP-5 generated against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid positions 10-17 of the ras p21 protein was used in an immunohistochemical study of the expression of ras in normal, benign, and malignant breast epithelium in man. The staining intensity and intracellular distribution of RAP-5 was similar in the three epithelial populations and extended to other tissue elements including myoepithelial cells, smooth muscle, myelin, capillary endothelium, and stromal fibroblasts, as well as sebaceous glands and sweat glands overlying the breast. These results suggest that RAP-5 recognises a normal cellular component, the expression of which is not more enhanced in hyperplastic or neoplastic conditions. The detection of mutant forms of p21 exclusively expressed in malignant tumours requires that alternative reagents be developed.
CitationImmunohistochemical detection of ras oncogene p21 product in benign and malignant mammary tissue in man. 1986, 39 (4):428-34 J Clin Pathol
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Immunocytochemical demonstration and significance of p21 ras family oncogene product in benign and malignant breast disease.
- Authors: Candlish W, Kerr IB, Simpson HW
- Issue date: 1986 Nov
- Expression of ras oncogene p21 protein in relation to regional spread of human breast carcinomas.
- Authors: Czerniak B, Chen R, Tuziak T, Markiewski M, Kram A, Gorczyca W, Deitch D, Herz F, Koss LG
- Issue date: 1989 May 15
- Expression of the 21,000 molecular weight ras protein in a spectrum of benign and malignant human mammary tissues.
- Authors: Ohuchi N, Thor A, Page DL, Hand PH, Halter SA, Schlom J
- Issue date: 1986 May
- Immunohistochemical study of the ras oncogene expression in human breast lesions.
- Authors: Agnantis NJ, Petraki C, Markoulatos P, Spandidos DA
- Issue date: 1986 Sep-Oct
- Immunohistochemical demonstration of ras p21 oncogene product in normal, benign, and malignant human thyroid tissues.
- Authors: Mizukami Y, Nonomura A, Hashimoto T, Terahata S, Matsubara F, Michigishi T, Noguchi M
- Issue date: 1988 Mar 1