Malignant disease in the mothers of children with Ewing's tumour.
AffiliationDepartment of Epidemiology and Social Oncology, Children's Tumour Registry, Manchester, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious research has shown that mothers of children with soft tissue sarcoma, osteosarcoma, and chondrosarcoma are at excess risk of developing breast cancer. The occurrence of malignant disease in the mothers of a population-based series of children with Ewing's sarcoma was investigated in order to determine whether these mothers were at excess risk of cancer and of breast cancer in particular. Sixty-one mothers were traced; there were two cases of breast cancer and two other registrable neoplasms. Risk of malignancy in the mothers was not in excess of expectation.
CitationMalignant disease in the mothers of children with Ewing's tumour. 1988, 16 (2):95-7 Med Pediatr Oncol
JournalMedical and Pediatric Oncology
- Breast cancer risk in mothers of children with osteosarcoma and chondrosarcoma.
- Authors: Hartley AL, Birch JM, Marsden HB, Harris M
- Issue date: 1986 Nov
- Increased risk of neuroectodermal tumors and stomach cancer in relatives of patients with Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors.
- Authors: Novakovic B, Goldstein AM, Wexler LH, Tucker MA
- Issue date: 1994 Nov 16
- Cellular and humoral mechanisms of osteoclast formation in Ewing's sarcoma.
- Authors: Lau YS, Adamopoulos IE, Sabokbar A, Giele H, Gibbons CL, Athanasou NA
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 4
- Hypoxia and hypoglycaemia in Ewing's sarcoma and osteosarcoma: regulation and phenotypic effects of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor.
- Authors: Knowles HJ, Schaefer KL, Dirksen U, Athanasou NA
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 16
- EWS/Fli-1 chimeric fusion gene upregulates vascular endothelial growth factor-A.
- Authors: Nagano A, Ohno T, Shimizu K, Hara A, Yamamoto T, Kawai G, Saitou M, Takigami I, Matsuhashi A, Yamada K, Takei Y
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 15