Rechallenging with anthracyclines and taxanes in metastatic breast cancer.
AffiliationCancer Research UK Laboratories, Department of Oncology, MRC Cyclotron Building, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdjuvant use of anthracycline-taxane combination therapy is an accepted strategy in the management of high-risk early-stage breast cancer. However, the introduction of this regimen raises the question of how best to manage those patients who relapse following adjuvant therapy, and whether there is a role for rechallenging in the metastatic setting with the same agent, or class of agent, that has been utilized in the adjuvant setting. This Review examines the evidence for rechallenging with both anthracyclines and taxanes, and highlights the issues that need to be examined in the context of future clinical trials.
CitationRechallenging with anthracyclines and taxanes in metastatic breast cancer. 2010, 7 (10):561-74 Nat Rev Clin Oncol
JournalNature Reviews: Clinical Oncology
- Taxanes: optimizing adjuvant chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer.
- Authors: Bedard PL, Di Leo A, Piccart-Gebhart MJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Taxanes in the first-line chemotherapy of metastatic breast cancer: review.
- Authors: Friedrich M, Diesing D, Villena-Heinsen C, Felberbaum R, Kolberg HC, Diedrich K
- Issue date: 2004
- Role of taxane and anthracycline combination regimens in the management of advanced breast cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.
- Authors: Zheng R, Han S, Duan C, Chen K, You Z, Jia J, Lin S, Liang L, Liu A, Long H, Wang S
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Taxanes alone or in combination with anthracyclines as first-line therapy of patients with metastatic breast cancer.
- Authors: Piccart-Gebhart MJ, Burzykowski T, Buyse M, Sledge G, Carmichael J, Lück HJ, Mackey JR, Nabholtz JM, Paridaens R, Biganzoli L, Jassem J, Bontenbal M, Bonneterre J, Chan S, Basaran GA, Therasse P
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 20
- [Recent perspectives second-line chemotherapy for breast cancer].
- Authors: Fujiuchi N, Ohokubo K, Saeki T, Sasaki Y
- Issue date: 2005 Jan