Triplet state properties and triplet-state-oxygen interactions of some linear and angular furocoumarins.
AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, Paisley College, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLinear and angular furocoumarins with conjugated external carbonyl substituents show higher triplet and singlet oxygen yields than the corresponding unsubstituted molecules. The efficiency of the oxygen quenching process to yield singlet oxygen is also higher for these substituted molecules. These changes are interpreted in terms of the "proximity effect" associated with two nearly degenerate n pi* and pi pi* excited states, and variations in the excess energy following furocoumarin triplet quenching by ground state triplet oxygen to yield singlet oxygen.
CitationTriplet state properties and triplet-state-oxygen interactions of some linear and angular furocoumarins. 1988, 1 (3):315-21 J Photochem Photobiol B, Biol
JournalJournal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, Biology
- Singlet oxygen generation by furocoumarin triplet states--I. Linear furocoumarins (psoralens).
- Authors: Knox CN, Land EJ, Truscott TG
- Issue date: 1986 Apr
- The reactivities of furocoumarin excited states with DNA in solution. A laser flash photolysis and fluorescence study.
- Authors: Beaumont PC, Parsons BJ, Navaratnam S, Phillips GO, Allen JC
- Issue date: 1980 Jul 29
- Photophysical properties of the lowest excited singlet and triplet states of thio- and seleno-psoralens
- Authors: Aloisi GG, Elisei F, Moro S, Miolo G, Dall'Acqua F
- Issue date: 2000 May
- A laser flash photolysis study of the reactivities of the triplet states of 8-methoxypsoralen and 4,5',8-trimethylpsoralen with nucleic acid bases in solution.
- Authors: Beaumont PC, Parsons BJ, Phillips GO, Allen JC
- Issue date: 1979 Apr 26
- Mechanisms of photosensitization by furocoumarins.
- Authors: Grossweiner LI
- Issue date: 1984 Dec