An autoradiographic study of the intrarenal localisation and retention of cisplatin, iproplatin and paraplatin.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiobiology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe intrarenal localisation of platinum following the intravenous administration of platinum-195m-labelled cisplatin, iproplatin and paraplatin was studied using autoradiography. Following injection of cisplatin, platinum was distributed throughout the kidney even up to 14 days after treatment. In the case of iproplatin and paraplatin rapid platinum clearance was noted from the glomeruli, blood vessels and renal medulla within 2 h of administration. Relative cortical and medullary platinum radionuclide concentrations for all three agents were determined by Chalkley grid analysis. This showed greater relative concentrations of platinum in the cortex at increasing times following iproplatin and paraplatin compared with cisplatin. It is suggested that the lower renal toxicity of iproplatin and paraplatin than of cisplatin may be due to reduced platinum retention within the pars recta.
CitationAn autoradiographic study of the intrarenal localisation and retention of cisplatin, iproplatin and paraplatin. 1988, 22 (3):241-5 Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol.
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- A comparative binding of platinum anti-tumour compounds to plasma proteins in the rat (in vivo) and mouse (in vitro).
- Authors: Perera A, Jackson H, Sharma HL, McAuliffe CA, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1992 Dec
- Platinum levels in murine tumor following intraperitoneal administration of cisplatin or paraplatin.
- Authors: Douple EB, Totten MD, Spencer F
- Issue date: 1988
- Comparative intraperitoneal pharmacokinetics of three platinum analogues.
- Authors: Lind MJ, Murphy DJ, Sharma H, Tinker N, Smith A, McAuliffe CA, Crowther D
- Issue date: 1991
- Comparison of platinum concentrations in human head and neck tumours following administration of carboplatin, iproplatin or cisplatin.
- Authors: Hecquet B, Caty A, Fournier C, Lefebvre JL, Adenis L
- Issue date: 1987
- [Pharmacokinetic properties of platinium derivatives].
- Authors: Boisdron-Celle M, Lebouil A, Allain P, Gamelin E
- Issue date: 2001 Aug