An unusual presentation of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) in a child.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA rare case of a primary early T-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) in the bronchus of a 10 year old boy is presented. Although histological examination of the biopsied material was compatible with the diagnosis of NHL or carcinoma, the use of monoclonal antibodies showed it to be an early T-cell NHL and not carcinoma. Accordingly the child was treated using a chemotherapy protocol of the UKCCG for NHL. The patient responded so well to his treatment regime that within 2 weeks of the initiation of chemotherapy there was re-expansion of the collapsed lobe. Six weeks later bronchoscopy was entirely normal with no evidence of residual tumour and now 15 months after the time of diagnosis he remains very well with normal chest X-ray.
CitationAn unusual presentation of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) in a child. 1986, 12 (2):193-5 Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma presenting as an endobronchial tumor: report of eight cases and literature review.
- Authors: Solomonov A, Zuckerman T, Goralnik L, Ben-Arieh Y, Rowe JM, Yigla M
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Endobronchial non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Barthwal MS, Deoskar RB, Falleiro JJ, Singh P
- Issue date: 2005 Apr-Jun
- [Endobronchial non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Apropos of a case].
- Authors: Herman DP, Akoun G, Azizi M
- Issue date: 1984
- [Clinical diagnosis and surgical treatment of primary pulmonary lymphoma].
- Authors: Zhang LB, Sun YE, Yu CH, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 15
- [Primary pulmonary lymphoma presenting as an endobronchial polypoid tumor].
- Authors: Miyata Y, Okano R, Kuratomi Y
- Issue date: 1997 Aug