Rheumatoid- and osteo-arthritis: quantitation of ultrastructural features of capillary endothelial cells.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Manchester, M20 9BX, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractJoint tissues from patients with rheumatoid arthritis (3), osteoarthritis (3) and normal healthy individuals (2) were examined in the transmission electron microscope and the morphological features of capillaries within 2 mm of the synovial membrane were quantified. Weibel-Palade bodies (WPB) were significantly increased in capillary endothelial cells in rheumatoid and osteoarthritis compared with normal controls, when quantified by three different methods. WPB were positively correlated with both projections of the luminal plasmalemma and pinocytic vesicles in normal joint and some patients with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Pinocytic vesicles and projections were also positively correlated.
CitationRheumatoid- and osteo-arthritis: quantitation of ultrastructural features of capillary endothelial cells. 1986, 148 (1):45-53 J Pathol
JournalThe Journal of Pathology
- Ultrastructural evaluation of microcirculatory vessels in rheumatoid synovial membrane.
- Authors: Cylwik B, Nowak HF, Andrzejewska A, Szynaka B
- Issue date: 1997
- Microscopic comparison of the synovial changes in rheumatoid arthritis and ostroarthritis.
- Authors: Soren A, Klein W, Huth F
- Issue date: 1976 Jul-Aug
- [Development and functional morphology of the Weibel-Palade-bodies in endothelial cells (author's transl)].
- Authors: Heine H, Schaeg G, Henrich H
- Issue date: 1981
- Structure of synovial lymphatic capillaries in rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Authors: Rovenská E, Rovenská E, Neumüller J
- Issue date: 2003
- The synovial membrane in human coxathrosis: light and electron microscopic studies.
- Authors: Arnoldi CC, Reimann I, Bretlau P
- Issue date: 1980 May