Malignant epithelial tumours of the thymus: survival after radiotherapy.
AbstractThis study describes 26 patients with histologically proven malignant epithelial thymic tumours seen at one radiotherapy centre between 1965 and 1980. Twenty-three patients had mediastinal radiotherapy and the overall 5-year survival rate (corrected for intercurrent death) of this group was 35%. Those patients in which there was complete surgical removal of the tumour had a good prognosis. Where this was not achieved, the prognosis was poor.
CitationMalignant epithelial tumours of the thymus: survival after radiotherapy. 1986, 37 (3):273-5 Clin Radiol
- Invasive carcinoma of the thymus. A multicenter retrospective review of 56 cases.
- Authors: Arriagada R, Bretel JJ, Caillaud JM, Garreta L, Guerin RA, Laugier A, Le Chevalier T, Schlienger M
- Issue date: 1984 Jan
- The role of radiotherapy for thymic carcinoma.
- Authors: Nonaka T, Tamaki Y, Higuchi K, Katoh H, Nakahashi M, Horikoshi H, Takahashi K, Minato K, Sugihara S, Kojima M
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Postoperative radiotherapy in thymic carcinoma: treatment results and prognostic factors.
- Authors: Hsu HC, Huang EY, Wang CJ, Sun LM, Chen HC
- Issue date: 2002 Mar 1
- Postoperative radiotherapy is effective for thymic carcinoma but not for thymoma in stage II and III thymic epithelial tumors: the Japanese Association for Research on the Thymus Database Study.
- Authors: Omasa M, Date H, Sozu T, Sato T, Nagai K, Yokoi K, Okamoto T, Ikeda N, Tanaka F, Maniwa Y, Japanese Association for Research on the Thymus.
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 1
- Thymoma and thymic carcinoma in children and adolescents: a report from the European Cooperative Study Group for Pediatric Rare Tumors (EXPeRT).
- Authors: Stachowicz-Stencel T, Orbach D, Brecht I, Schneider D, Bien E, Synakiewicz A, Rod J, Ferrari A, Cecchetto G, Bisogno G
- Issue date: 2015 Nov