AffiliationDepartment of Child Health, St. Mary's Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe results of treatment are reviewed in 18 cases of childhood nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Since 1976 adjuvant chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and adriamycin has been used in Manchester and Leeds. The outcome is compared in 9 patients treated with radiotherapy alone and 9 patients treated later with both radiotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy. Relapse-free survival rates were 0% for those treated with radiotherapy alone and 78% at 13-80 months after diagnosis for those treated with both radiotherapy and chemotherapy. It is concluded that adjuvant chemotherapy improves relapse-free survival in childhood nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
CitationNasopharyngeal carcinoma in children. 1986, 3 (2):143-52 Pediatr Hematol Oncol
JournalPediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Adjuvant chemotherapy with vincristine, cyclophosphamide, and doxorubicin after radiotherapy in local-regional nasopharyngeal cancer: results of a 4-year multicenter randomized study.
- Authors: Rossi A, Molinari R, Boracchi P, Del Vecchio M, Marubini E, Nava M, Morandi L, Zucali R, Pilotti S, Grandi C
- Issue date: 1988 Sep
- Controversies in the management of locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Authors: Chan AT, Teo PM, Johnson PJ
- Issue date: 1998 May
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma in childhood.
- Authors: Kim TH, McLaren J, Alvarado CS, Wyly JB, Crocker I, Winn K, Singhapakdi S, Ragab A
- Issue date: 1989 May 15
- [Combined treatment of radiotherapy, neo-adjuvant chemotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma].
- Authors: Takamura A, Saito H, Sakurai Y, Horio K, Hatayama N, Hangai K
- Issue date: 1994 Mar
- Adjuvant fractionated high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy after external beam radiotherapy in Tl and T2 nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Authors: Lu JJ, Shakespeare TP, Tan LK, Goh BC, Cooper JS
- Issue date: 2004 May