Radiation doses and somatic risk to patients during cardiac radiological procedures.
AffiliationRegional Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 9BX.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe radiation dose to a series of adult and paediatric patients undergoing cardiac catheterisations and adults having percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty has been measured/determined directly using lithium fluoride thermoluminescent dosemeters and indirectly using an air ionisation chamber which indicated exposure-area product. Somatic and genetic risks are estimated from the dosimetry results. It is suggested that the magnitude of the radiation hazard is negligible compared with other clinical hazards associated with these procedures.
CitationRadiation doses and somatic risk to patients during cardiac radiological procedures. 1986, 59 (700):359-63 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Patient radiation doses during cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Authors: Betsou S, Efstathopoulos EP, Katritsis D, Faulkner K, Panayiotakis G
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- Radiation exposure to patients undergoing percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty.
- Authors: Cascade PN, Peterson LE, Wajszczuk WJ, Mantel J
- Issue date: 1987 Apr 15
- Investigation of occupational radiation exposure during interventional cardiac catheterisations performed via radial artery.
- Authors: Goni H, Papadopoulou D, Yakoumakis E, Stratigis N, Benos J, Siriopoulou V, Makri T, Georgiou E
- Issue date: 2005
- Radiation risk to patients from percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty.
- Authors: Pattee PL, Johns PC, Chambers RJ
- Issue date: 1993 Oct
- Entrance radiation doses during paediatric cardiac catheterisations performed for diagnosis or the treatment of congenital heart disease.
- Authors: Papadopoulou D, Yakoumakis E, Sandilos P, Thanopoulos V, Makri T, Gialousis G, Houndas D, Yakoumakis N, Georgiou E
- Issue date: 2005