AbstractTen patients with pathologically proven abdominal carcinoid tumour were assessed by computed tomography (CT). Post-mortem examination correlation was obtained in two cases. Computed tomography demonstrated the extent of intra-abdominal tumour well and is, therefore, a useful staging technique for patients being treated with adjuvant therapy. The appearances of metastatic carcinoid within the mesentery on CT are characteristic and can enable a pre-operative diagnosis to be made.
CitationComputed tomography of abdominal carcinoid tumour. 1986, 59 (705):881-5 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Carcinoid tumors of the abdomen: CT features.
- Authors: Pelage JP, Soyer P, Boudiaf M, Brocheriou-Spelle I, Dufresne AC, Coumbaras J, Rymer R
- Issue date: 1999 May-Jun
- Computed tomography of abdominal carcinoid tumors.
- Authors: Picus D, Glazer HS, Levitt RG, Husband JE
- Issue date: 1984 Sep
- Computed tomography of abdominal carcinoid tumor.
- Authors: Cockey BM, Fishman EK, Jones B, Siegelman SS
- Issue date: 1985 Jan-Feb
- [Computerized tomography findings in intestinal carcinoid].
- Authors: Vinci R, Stabile Ianora AA, Magliocca M, Scialpi M, Rotondo A, Angelelli G
- Issue date: 1998 Sep
- CT detection of primary and metastatic ileal carcinoid tumor: rates of missed findings and associated delay in clinical diagnosis.
- Authors: Gupta A, Lubner MG, Wertz RM, Foley E, Loeffler A, Pickhardt PJ
- Issue date: 2019 Aug