A phase II study of human rDNA alpha-2 interferon in patients with low grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
AbstractThirty-five patients with a diagnosis of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of low histological grade were treated with 2 X 10(6)/m2 of human rDNA alpha 2 IFN-a2 by subcutaneous injection. Treatment was continued until progressive disease was documented or one year of therapy had been given. None of the patients had to stop treatment because of toxicity and no treatment delays or suspensions of therapy were necessary as a consequence of myelosuppression. Thirty four patients were evaluable and seventeen (50%) obtained an objective response (2 CR, 15 PR) with a median duration of eleven months. Sixteen patients were untreated prior to receiving interferon but were felt to need some form of therapy rather than be suitable for a watch policy. Eleven of these patients responded (69%) with 95% confidence limits lying between 41% and 89%. No other pretreatment factors appeared to affect the likelihood of response. Single agent IFN-alpha 2 has significant activity in the low grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomata and warrants further investigation in this disease.
CitationA phase II study of human rDNA alpha-2 interferon in patients with low grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 1986, 18 (1):54-8 Cancer Chemother Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Phase II study of fludarabine and alpha-interferon in patients with low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Morris GJ, Millenson MM, Padavic-Shaller K, Wang H, Rogatko A, Clyde J, Boyd RL, Yeslow G, Halbherr T, Schilder RJ, Smith MR
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Treatment of low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma by cytoreductive chemotherapy with prednimustine/mitoxantrone followed by interferon alpha-2b maintenance: results of a clinical phase II study.
- Authors: Hiddemann W, Unterhalt M, Koch P, Nahler M, van de Loo J
- Issue date: 1990 Dec
- Phase I/II study of cyclophosphamide, carboplatin, and etoposide and autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation with posttransplant interferon alfa-2b for patients with lymphoma and Hodgkin's disease.
- Authors: Schenkein DP, Dixon P, Desforges JF, Berkman E, Erban JK, Ascensao JL, Miller KB
- Issue date: 1994 Nov
- Interferon therapy of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Foon KA, Roth MS, Bunn PA Jr
- Issue date: 1987 Feb 1
- Modulation of chemosensitivity by alpha interferon in multiple myeloma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Iaffaioli RV, Facchini G, Tortoriello A, Scala S, Pacelli R, La Mura G, Pagliarulo C, Palmieri G, Caponigro F
- Issue date: 1996 Jul