Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA): usefulness in urological neoplasia.
AbstractUrine and serum samples from a group of 359 individuals were studied in order to evaluate the usefulness of TPA in patients with urological cancers. Serum was taken from 110 people at 12 noon (S1), 5 pm (S2), and 8 am the following day (S3), while urine samples were collected from 73 individuals over three time intervals: 8 am to 12 noon (U1), 12 noon to 5 pm (U2), and 5 pm to 8 am the following morning (U3). In addition, there were 24-hour urine samples from 176 persons. TPA concentrations in S1, S2, or S3 were not correlated with the presence of a tumor. In contrast, good correlation was observed between TPA concentrations in U1, U2, or U3 and disease status and an even better correlation existed between TPA in 24-hour urine samples and disease status. It is proposed that the judicious use of 24-hour urinary TPA levels should prove valuable in monitoring the course of urological cancers.
CitationTissue polypeptide antigen (TPA): usefulness in urological neoplasia., 6 (4):713-6 Anticancer Res
- [Serum and urinary tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in patients with urological cancer].
- Authors: Kazama T, Katayama T, Yamazaki N
- Issue date: 1985 Dec
- [Clinical studies on the measurement of urinary tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) levels using Prolifigen TPA kit "Daiichi"-II in urothelial cancers].
- Authors: Ohmori H, Ohashi T, Aso Y, Kumamoto Y, Hisazumi H, Shiraiwa Y, Kurita T, Shimazaki J, Ohkawa T, Ogawa H
- Issue date: 1988 Dec
- [Serum tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in patients with urogenital cancer].
- Authors: Matsushima M, Kuwabara T, Miyamae K, Hachiya A, Kawahara M, Fukasawa K, Yagishita T, Tajima M, Sawamura Y, Shirai M
- Issue date: 1984 Jul
- [Importance of the tissue polypeptide antigen level in neoplastic patients. Its correlation with other tumor markers].
- Authors: Ruibal A, Durán P, Lafuerza A, Bodi R, Solé LA, Rubio D, Ibarz L, De Torres JA, Domenech-Torné FM, Salvador L
- Issue date: 1984
- Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in comparison with mutations of tumour suppressor gene P53 (TP53) in patients with bladder cancer.
- Authors: Ecke TH, Lenk SV, Schlechte HH, Loening SA
- Issue date: 2003 Mar-Apr