Generation of non MHC restricted killing in non-cytotoxic T-lymphocytes from leukaemia patients.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExperiments were undertaken to determine whether the depression of natural killer (NK) activity previously observed in the peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBL) of leukaemia patients in remission extended to NK-like precursors in the blood. T-lymphocytes (E+) from leukaemia patients and normal subjects were depleted of IgG Fc-receptor-bearing (gamma FcR) fresh NK cells by passage over immune complex-coated monolayers. gamma FcR - E + PBL were cultured alone or with DAUDI cells. On day 5 of culture, cytotoxicity toward the NK-sensitive cell lines K562 and MOLT-4 was evaluated in the responder lymphocytes of leukaemia patients and controls. Negligible NK-like cytotoxicity was found in both FcR - E + PBL responder populations cultured alone. By contrast, stimulation with DAUDI induced high levels of K562 and MOLT-4 cytotoxicity in leukaemia as well as in normal responder cells. Complement-mediated cytotoxicity experiments using various McAb demonstrated that in both normal and leukaemia cultures NK-like effectors react with the pan-T OKT3 McAb and with the OKT11 McAB directed to the SRBC receptor, but not with Leu 1 1b and OKM1 McAbs, directed against antigens expressed on peripheral blood NK cells. Fractionation of the responder cells on discontinuous Percoll gradients showed that most of this activity was present in the highly dividing blast cell fraction.
CitationGeneration of non MHC restricted killing in non-cytotoxic T-lymphocytes from leukaemia patients. 1987, 65 (2):151-7 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- The low affinity 40,000 Fc gamma receptor and the transferrin receptor can be alternative or simultaneous target structures on cells sensitive for natural killing.
- Authors: Perl A, Looney RJ, Ryan DH, Abraham GN
- Issue date: 1986 Jun 15
- Natural killer cells in the blood and bone marrow of the rhesus monkey.
- Authors: Gengozian N, Longley RE, Filler J, Good RA
- Issue date: 1986 Aug
- In vitro generation of NK-like activity in human PBL co-cultured with fresh T leukaemia cells.
- Authors: Matera L, Foa R, Moore M
- Issue date: 1984 Oct
- Lysis of fresh human tumor cells by autologous large granular lymphocytes and T-lymphocytes: two distinct killing activities induced by coculture with autologous tumor.
- Authors: Uchida A, Moore M
- Issue date: 1984 Dec
- Interleukin-2- and mitogen-activated NK-like killer cells from highly purified human peripheral blood T cell (CD3+ N901-) cultures.
- Authors: Atzpodien J, Wisniewski D, Gulati S, Welte K, Knowles R, Clarkson B
- Issue date: 1987