Wound healing: the effect of macrophage and tumour derived angiogenesis factors on skin graft vascularization.
AffiliationClinical Research Laboratories, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAngiogenic factors prepared from rat Walker 256 mammary carcinoma, (TAF) and activated mouse peritoneal macrophages (MAF), were tested for their ability to stimulate vascularization during healing. They were applied to one of a pair of bilaterally symmetrical, autologous, isotopic, full thickness skin grafts in mice. Blood flow to treated and untreated graft pairs was compared by their uptake of injected 86Rb Cl, at 3 and 7 days after grafting. No difference was detected after treatment with either agent. We conclude that while angiogenic factors are important in vascularization during healing, this normally occurs at a near maximal rate and cannot be further enhanced.
CitationWound healing: the effect of macrophage and tumour derived angiogenesis factors on skin graft vascularization. 1987, 68 (4):569-74 Br J Exp Pathol
JournalBritish Journal of Experimental Pathology
- Effect of decidua angiogenic factors on experimental dermis allografts.
- Authors: Burgos H, Lindenbaum ES, Beach D, Maroudas NG, Hirshowitz B
- Issue date: 1989 Oct
- Priming with a combination of proangiogenic growth factors improves wound healing in normoglycemic mice.
- Authors: Ackermann M, Wolloscheck T, Wellmann A, Li VW, Li WW, Konerding MA
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Uterine angiogenic factor induces vascularization of collagen sponges in guinea-pigs.
- Authors: Lindenbaum ES, Kaufman T, Beach D, Maroudas NG
- Issue date: 1989 Aug
- Purified tumour angiogenesis factor enhances proliferation of capillary, but not aortic, endothelial cells in vitro.
- Authors: Keegan A, Hill C, Kumar S, Phillips P, Schor A, Weiss J
- Issue date: 1982 Jun
- In vivo visualization of the origination of skin graft vasculature in a wild-type/GFP crossover model.
- Authors: Calcagni M, Althaus MK, Knapik AD, Hegland N, Contaldo C, Giovanoli P, Lindenblatt N
- Issue date: 2011 Nov