Study of childhood renal tumours using a monoclonal antibody to Tamm-Horsfall protein.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA monoclonal antibody to Tamm-Horsfall glycoprotein was used for the immuno-localization of Tamm-Horsfall protein in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissue sections of childhood renal tumours, normal children's kidneys, and human fetal kidneys. The procedure was a dinitrophenyl hapten sandwich staining method. The antibody, diluted 1/100,000, gave a very strong and specific staining of the loop of Henle and distal tubules of normal and fetal kidneys. No staining was seen in Wilms' tumour, mesoblastic nephroma, and bone metastasizing renal tumour of childhood. In contrast, two of seven renal carcinomas and three of four rhabdoid renal tumours were positive for Tamm-Horsfall protein.
CitationStudy of childhood renal tumours using a monoclonal antibody to Tamm-Horsfall protein. 1987, 40 (12):1456-62 J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- Tamm-Horsfall protein in human renal tumours.
- Authors: Costello CB, Jasani B, Kumar S
- Issue date: 1991 Nov-Dec
- A system for accurate immunolocalization of Tamm-Horsfall protein in renal biopsies.
- Authors: Kumar S, Jasani B, Hunt JS, Moffat DB, Asscher AW
- Issue date: 1985 Nov
- Distinctive patterns of renal neoplasms containing Tamm-Horsfall protein.
- Authors: Howie AJ, Smithson N, Raafat F
- Issue date: 1993
- Study of childhood renal tumours using antisera to fibronectin, laminin, and epithelial membrane antigen.
- Authors: Kumar S, Carr T, Marsden HB, Calabuig-Crespo MC
- Issue date: 1986 Jan
- Evaluation of urothelial Tamm-Horsfall protein and serum antibody as a potential diagnostic marker for interstitial cystitis.
- Authors: Stein PC, Santamaria PJ, Kurtz SB, Parsons CL
- Issue date: 1993 Nov