A cell line from Wilms' tumour with deletion in short arm of chromosome II.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA cell line (T3/73) from a Wilms' tumour has been established from a 9 month-old boy with aniridia. The tumour was removed in 1973. On histological examination a diagnosis of Wilms' tumour was made which showed undifferentiated areas, marked tubule formation and abundant striped muscle fibres. The tumour cells, which are fusiform, grew rapidly in culture without the addition of growth factors, and have undergone over 100 passages. Approximately 95% and 5% were positive for desmin and cytokeratin, respectively. The cell doubling time was 28 hr. Cytogenetic studies revealed a karyotype of 46,XY,del(11) (p12::p14). Although the cells stained very intensely with a monoclonal antibody that detects oncogene ras p 21 antigen, Southern blot analysis using c-Ha-ras as a probe failed to reveal an obvious deletion or amplification of either Ha-ras allele.
CitationA cell line from Wilms' tumour with deletion in short arm of chromosome II. 1987, 40 (4):499-504 Int. J. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Cancer.
- A nude mouse Wilms' tumor line (KCMC-WT-1) derived from an aniridia patient with monoalleleic partial deletion of chromosome 11p.
- Authors: Nagashima Y, Nishihira H, Miyagi Y, Tanaka Y, Sasaki Y, Nishi T, Imaizumi K, Aoki I, Misugi K
- Issue date: 1996 Feb 15
- c-Ha-ras1 is not deleted in aniridia-Wilms' tumour association.
- Authors: Huerre C, Despoisse S, Gilgenkrantz S, Lenoir GM, Junien C
- Issue date: 1983 Oct 13-19
- Maternal allele loss in Wilms' tumour.
- Authors: Williams JC, Brown KW, Mott MG, Maitland NJ
- Issue date: 1989 Feb 4
- Wilms' tumor-aniridia association: segregation of affected chromosome in somatic cell hybrids, identification of cell surface antigen associated with deleted area, and regional mapping of c-Ha-ras-1 oncogene, insulin gene, and beta-globin gene.
- Authors: Fisher JH, Miller YE, Sparkes RS, Bateman JB, Kimmel KA, Carey TE, Rodell T, Shoemaker SA, Scoggin CH
- Issue date: 1984 Sep
- Cytogenetic abnormalities in mesoblastic nephroma: a link to Wilms' tumour?
- Authors: Roberts P, Lockwood LR, Lewis IJ, Bailey CC, Batcup G, Williams J
- Issue date: 1993