Dose fractionation and hepatocyte clonogens: alpha/beta congruent to 1-2 Gy, and beta decreases with increasing delay before assay.
AffiliationRadiobiology Department, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe sensitivity to X-ray dose fractionation was assessed for hepatocytes forming colonies in fat pads in mice. When the cells were assayed 1 day after the last irradiation the alpha/beta ratio was 1.0-1.6 depending on the method of analysis. The alpha/beta ratio describing the shape of the single-dose survival curve was much higher, and it did not predict the response to fractionation. When the assay was delayed for 10 months after the fractionated irradiation, the alpha/beta ratio was 1.9-2.1, and the beta component showed the greatest change with time. It is concluded that hepatocytes respond to dose fractionation in a manner expected of a late-responding tissue, even when the cells are assayed as early as 1 day after the last dose.
CitationDose fractionation and hepatocyte clonogens: alpha/beta congruent to 1-2 Gy, and beta decreases with increasing delay before assay. 1988, 113 (1):51-7 Radiat. Res.
- The effect of proliferative status and clonogen content on the response of mouse jejunal crypts to split-dose irradiation.
- Authors: Thames HD, Ruifrok AC, Mason KA
- Issue date: 1997 Feb
- Differential sensitivity of two predominant stromal progenitor cell subpopulations in bone marrow to single and fractionated radiation doses.
- Authors: Kolesnikova AI, Konoplyannikov AG, Hendry JH
- Issue date: 1995 Dec
- Nonrandom distribution of mouse spermatogonial stem cells surviving fission neutron irradiation.
- Authors: van Beek ME, Davids JA, de Rooij DG
- Issue date: 1986 Jul
- Estimation of errors associated with use of linear-quadratic formalism for evaluation of biologic equivalence between single and hypofractionated radiation doses: an in vitro study.
- Authors: Iwata H, Shibamoto Y, Murata R, Tomita N, Ayakawa S, Ogino H, Ito M
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 1
- Dose-fractionation sensitivity of mouse kidney clonogens measured using different interfraction intervals and postirradiation assay times.
- Authors: Jen YM, Hendry JH
- Issue date: 1993 Feb