Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) genotypes among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related B-cell lymphomas and B-cell post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders (B-PTLD)--late-onset lymphomas, especially in the HIV setting, are associated with type-B-EBV.
AffiliationDepartments of Histopathology, Hammersmith Hospital and Imperial College, London, London, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigated 26 B-cell post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders (B-PTLD) and 15 human immunodeficiency virus-related aggressive B-cell lymphomas (HIV-BCL) from England that were associated with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) for the polymorphic sequences of the EBV-encoded nuclear antigen 3C (EBNA3C) gene to distinguish the two different EBV strains. Type-A-EBV was identified in 92% of B-PTLDS and in 53% of HIV-BCL (P = 0.003). Among HIV-BCL, patients associated with type-B-EBV had been HIV positive for significantly longer when compared to those associated with type-A (P = 0.037) although there were no correlations with ethnicity, CD4 cell counts or plasma HIV viral load.
CitationEpstein-Barr virus (EBV) genotypes among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related B-cell lymphomas and B-cell post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders (B-PTLD)--late-onset lymphomas, especially in the HIV setting, are associated with type-B-EBV. 2010, 85 (3):227-30 Eur. J Haematol
JournalEuropean Journal of Haematology
- Impact of Epstein-Barr virus in monomorphic B-cell posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorders: a histogenetic study.
- Authors: Johnson LR, Nalesnik MA, Swerdlow SH
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Targeted monitoring of patients at high risk of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease by quantitative Epstein-Barr virus polymerase chain reaction.
- Authors: Omar H, Hägglund H, Gustafsson-Jernberg A, LeBlanc K, Mattsson J, Remberger M, Ringdén O, Sparrelid E, Sundin M, Winiarski J, Yun Z, Ljungman P
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Patterns of Epstein-Barr virus latent and replicative gene expression in Epstein-Barr virus B cell lymphoproliferative disorders after organ transplantation.
- Authors: Rea D, Fourcade C, Leblond V, Rowe M, Joab I, Edelman L, Bitker MO, Gandjbakhch I, Suberbielle C, Farcet JP
- Issue date: 1994 Aug 15
- Identification of rare Epstein-Barr virus infected memory B cells and plasma cells in non-monomorphic post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders and the signature of viral signaling.
- Authors: Shaknovich R, Basso K, Bhagat G, Mansukhani M, Hatzivassiliou G, Murty VV, Buettner M, Niedobitek G, Alobeid B, Cattoretti G
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders. Molecular analysis of histogenesis and pathogenesis.
- Authors: Capello D, Berra E, Cerri M, Gaidano G
- Issue date: 2004 Feb