Roberts, S A
Hadfield, K D
Evans, D Gareth R
Newman, W G
AffiliationGenetic Medicine, St Mary's Hospital, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9WL, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInactivation or loss of the tumour suppressor Ras associated domain family 1 isoform A (RASSF1A) allele has been described in breast cancer. Recently, a missense polymorphism predicting p.A331S in RASSF1A was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer and early-onset breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. We genotyped p.A331S RASSF1A in 854 independent, familial, white breast cancer patients (645 BRCA mutation negative, 119 BRCA1 and 90 BRCA2 positive) and compared the genotype in 331 healthy women. The RASSF1A p.A331S variant was not more common in the familial breast cancer cases than in the controls (P = 0.27). Subset analysis demonstrated no association in the BRCA1 (P = 0.26), BRCA2 (P = 0.16) or BRCA negative (P = 0.30) samples. Hence, the RASSF1A p.A331S polymorphism is not confirmed as a significant germline contributor to familial breast cancer susceptibility.
CitationRASSF1A polymorphism in familial breast cancer. 2010, 9 (3):263-5 Fam Cancer
- RASSF1A polymorphism A133S is associated with early onset breast cancer in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.
- Authors: Gao B, Xie XJ, Huang C, Shames DS, Chen TT, Lewis CM, Bian A, Zhang B, Olopade OI, Garber JE, Euhus DM, Tomlinson GE, Minna JD
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 1
- The BARD1 Cys557Ser variant and breast cancer risk in Iceland.
- Authors: Stacey SN, Sulem P, Johannsson OT, Helgason A, Gudmundsson J, Kostic JP, Kristjansson K, Jonsdottir T, Sigurdsson H, Hrafnkelsson J, Johannsson J, Sveinsson T, Myrdal G, Grimsson HN, Bergthorsson JT, Amundadottir LT, Gulcher JR, Thorsteinsdottir U, Kong A, Stefansson K
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Prevalence of the variant allele rs61764370 T>G in the 3'UTR of KRAS among Dutch BRCA1, BRCA2 and non-BRCA1/BRCA2 breast cancer families.
- Authors: Hollestelle A, Pelletier C, Hooning M, Crepin E, Schutte M, Look M, Collee JM, Nieuwlaat A, Dorssers LC, Seynaeve C, Aulchenko YS, Martens JW, van den Ouweland AM, Weidhaas JB
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Novel germline mutations in breast cancer susceptibility genes BRCA1, BRCA2 and p53 gene in breast cancer patients from India.
- Authors: Hedau S, Jain N, Husain SA, Mandal AK, Ray G, Shahid M, Kant R, Gupta V, Shukla NK, Deo SS, Das BC
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- AURKA F31I polymorphism and breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: a consortium of investigators of modifiers of BRCA1/2 study.
- Authors: Couch FJ, Sinilnikova O, Vierkant RA, Pankratz VS, Fredericksen ZS, Stoppa-Lyonnet D, Coupier I, Hughes D, Hardouin A, Berthet P, Peock S, Cook M, Baynes C, Hodgson S, Morrison PJ, Porteous ME, Jakubowska A, Lubinski J, Gronwald J, Spurdle AB, kConFab., Schmutzler R, Versmold B, Engel C, Meindl A, Sutter C, Horst J, Schaefer D, Offit K, Kirchhoff T, Andrulis IL, Ilyushik E, Glendon G, Devilee P, Vreeswijk MP, Vasen HF, Borg A, Backenhorn K, Struewing JP, Greene MH, Neuhausen SL, Rebbeck TR, Nathanson K, Domchek S, Wagner T, Garber JE, Szabo C, Zikan M, Foretova L, Olson JE, Sellers TA, Lindor N, Nevanlinna H, Tommiska J, Aittomaki K, Hamann U, Rashid MU, Torres D, Simard J, Durocher F, Guenard F, Lynch HT, Isaacs C, Weitzel J, Olopade OI, Narod S, Daly MB, Godwin AK, Tomlinson G, Easton DF, Chenevix-Trench G, Antoniou AC, Consortium of Investigators of Modifiers of BRCA1/2.
- Issue date: 2007 Jul