An investigation into the levels of radiation exposure in diagnostic examinations involving fluoroscopy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn order to investigate the levels of radiation exposure resulting from fluoroscopic examinations, area-exposure product measurements were performed on 6532 patients whilst undergoing a variety of examinations at a large district general hospital. Results for both the same and different types of examinations, performed in two different X-ray rooms by a number of different radiologists, are compared in order to highlight some of the factors which influence the wide variations in patient exposure which frequently occur in radiological examinations. Variations in exposure of patients of different weights are also presented.
CitationAn investigation into the levels of radiation exposure in diagnostic examinations involving fluoroscopy. 1987, 60 (710):167-73 Br J Radiol
JournalBritish Journal of Radiology
- [Procedures, spectrum and radiation exposure in CT-fluoroscopy].
- Authors: Stoeckelhuber BM, Schulz E, Melchert UH, Blobel J, Gellissen J, Gehl H, Weiss HD, Leibecke T
- Issue date: 2003
- [Medical radiation exposure and justification at a large teaching hospital: comparison of radiation-related and disease-related risks].
- Authors: Loose RW, Popp U, Wucherer M, Adamus R
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- A review of current local dose-area product levels for paediatric fluoroscopy in a tertiary referral centre compared with national standards. Why are they so different?
- Authors: Hiorns MP, Saini A, Marsden PJ
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Radiation dose to the pediatric cardiac catheterization and intervention patient.
- Authors: Chida K, Ohno T, Kakizaki S, Takegawa M, Yuuki H, Nakada M, Takahashi S, Zuguchi M
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Do radiologists' radiation-related opinions predict their fluoroscopy doses?
- Authors: Vehmas T
- Issue date: 2003 Sep