AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, School of Cancer and Enabling Sciences, University of Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe understanding of risk factors underpinning the aetiology of many common cancers is well established, yet the conversion of this knowledge into prevention lags considerably behind. The title of this Special Issue - Implementing cancer prevention in Europe - captures the central theme within; namely, the translation of cancer epidemiology into public health policy. The Special Issue is supported by focused evidence-based case studies of how these processes might be best taken forward.
CitationForeword: Implementing cancer prevention in Europe. 2010, 46 (14):2523-4 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Epidemiology of nonmelanoma skin cancer (NMSC) in Europe: accurate and comparable data are needed for effective public health monitoring and interventions.
- Authors: Trakatelli M, Ulrich C, del Marmol V, Euvrard S, Stockfleth E, Abeni D
- Issue date: 2007 May
- WHO initiative: cancer prevention in Europe.
- Authors: Döbrössy L
- Issue date: 1993 May
- Cancer causes and prevention: a condensed appraisal in Europe in 2008.
- Authors: Martin-Moreno JM, Soerjomataram I, Magnusson G
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Policies for disease prevention in Germany in the European context: a comparative analysis.
- Authors: Gericke CA, Busse R
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Cervical cancer as a public health issue--what next?
- Authors: Corusić A, Skrgatić L, Mahovlić V, Mandić V, Planinić P, Karadza M
- Issue date: 2010 Mar