Standard preanalytical coding for biospecimens: defining the sample PREanalytical code.
Benson, Erica E
Horsfall, David J
AffiliationIntegrated Biobank of Luxembourg, 6 rue Nicolas Ernest Barblé, L-1210 Luxembourg. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: Management and traceability of biospecimen preanalytical variations are necessary to provide effective and efficient interconnectivity and interoperability between Biobanks. METHODS: Therefore, the International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories Biospecimen Science Working Group developed a "Standard PREanalytical Code" (SPREC) that identifies the main preanalytical factors of clinical fluid and solid biospecimens and their simple derivatives. RESULTS: The SPREC is easy to implement and can be integrated into Biobank quality management systems and databases. It can also be extended to nonhuman biorepository areas. Its flexibility allows integration of new novel technological developments in future versions. SPREC version 01 is presented in this article. CONCLUSIONS AND IMPACT: Implementation of the SPREC is expected to facilitate and consolidate international multicenter biomarker identification research and biospecimen research in the clinical Biobank environment.
CitationStandard preanalytical coding for biospecimens: defining the sample PREanalytical code. 2010, 19 (4):1004-11 Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev
JournalCancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention
- Standard preanalytical coding for biospecimens: review and implementation of the Sample PREanalytical Code (SPREC).
- Authors: Lehmann S, Guadagni F, Moore H, Ashton G, Barnes M, Benson E, Clements J, Koppandi I, Coppola D, Demiroglu SY, DeSouza Y, De Wilde A, Duker J, Eliason J, Glazer B, Harding K, Jeon JP, Kessler J, Kokkat T, Nanni U, Shea K, Skubitz A, Somiari S, Tybring G, Gunter E, Betsou F, International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER) Working Group on Biospecimen Science.
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- SPRECware: software tools for Standard PREanalytical Code (SPREC) labeling - effective exchange and search of stored biospecimens.
- Authors: Nanni U, Betsou F, Riondino S, Rossetti L, Spila A, Valente MG, Della-Morte D, Palmirotta R, Roselli M, Ferroni P, Guadagni F
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 8
- ["Standard" protocol for evaluating the impact of preanalytical variables on peptidic and proteic analytes and standard coding of preanalytical procedures].
- Authors: Betsou F, Beaudeux JL, Berthelaix A, Borg J, Dupuy A, Lizard G, Peoc'h K, Quillard M, Lehmann S
- Issue date: 2009 Nov-Dec
- Standard PREanalytical Codes: A New Paradigm for Environmental Biobanking Sectors Explored in Algal Culture Collections.
- Authors: Benson EE, Betsou F, Amaral R, Santos LM, Harding K
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Biospecimen reporting for improved study quality (BRISQ).
- Authors: Moore HM, Kelly AB, Jewell SD, McShane LM, Clark DP, Greenspan R, Hayes DF, Hainaut P, Kim P, Mansfield EA, Potapova O, Riegman P, Rubinstein Y, Seijo E, Somiari S, Watson P, Weier HU, Zhu C, Vaught J
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 25